Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dumping your tanks

Dumping your tanks 3 weeks 2 days ago #1

Does anyone else think the waste pipe is too low on their Redwood? I'm getting tired of chasing the waste water down the drain hose in order to drain it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dumping your tanks 3 weeks 2 days ago #2

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 369

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
Elliott - negative on our coach, most campgrounds we have no issues with water left in the hose.

Andy & Judi, Canines - Kona & Bella
Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
Cruise & RV Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
President - ROG

Dumping your tanks 3 weeks 2 days ago #3

I let the tanks fill up for a few days then dump the black then the gray. If we are pulling out I fill the black with the tank flush twice then the gray water. never found this to be a issue even if it was up hill to the ground sewer pipe. quick flush out with fresh water and we are on the road, I never use our fresh water drinking hose. I have a hose for the RV I use.

Last Edit: by xcmark.

Dumping your tanks 3 weeks 2 days ago #4

• mhs4771
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 70

• Redwood/2016/39MB
As long as the Park connection is near ground level, no problem. We've been a few places where the connection is like a foot high, and those are a bit of pain. I've been tempted with those to take my Hacksaw and cut them off to a more reasonable length.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" GY114s w/Disc, 5.5 Onan, Mor/ryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride Hitch, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

Dumping your tanks 3 weeks 2 days ago #5

• almcc
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 131
Yes, a few campgrounds haven't discovered that fluids run down hill with gravity assistance!

I haven't had problems with dumping but I found that the discharge pipe on our unit was too far inboard for my liking, a 6 inch clear extension brought it farther out so I can hook up the drain hose easier, and I can watch the flow coming out of the tanks.

Dumping your tanks 3 weeks 1 day ago #6

• Buan-Lester
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 9

• Redwood/2014/38GK
After having the black tank valve leak, installed the 8" clear extension with the gate valve and hook up is easier , no chance of leaky stinky and as said before , can watch the shoot flow till empty/clear after flush.
Installed cap with hose fitting just in case something happens and only a little escape, and with a wash machine hose can flush the hose with out disconnecting and getting the smell/spill.

Last Edit: by Buan-Lester.

Dumping your tanks 3 weeks 19 hours ago #7

Buan-Lester, can you attach a picture(s) of your dump set-up that you described?

Dumping your tanks 3 weeks 16 hours ago #8

The problem I see with adding extensions and valves downstream of the factory sewer valves is the likelihood of freeze up if you are using your coach in freezing weather. The factory valves are within the heated underbelly while the added valves are exposed outside. I suppose you could insulate the extension/valve.

Last Edit: by PunksRedwood.

Dumping your tanks 3 weeks 3 hours ago #9

• Buan-Lester
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 9

• Redwood/2014/38GK
Gary would be happy to except I am sunning in the Philippines wearing shorts, tee shirts and flip flops.
The extension with valve is available online and it is rhino brand, just twist on/off like the clear extension with a 3" gate valve built into it (the seals are same as black tank gate valve) got mine at Madison RV in Madison, Al. Less than 50.00$.

Today weather upper 80' low 90'

Dumping your tanks 2 weeks 5 days ago #10

Buan-Lester wrote: Gary would be happy to except I am sunning in the Philippines wearing shorts, tee shirts and flip flops.
The extension with valve is available online and it is rhino brand, just twist on/off like the clear extension with a 3" gate valve built into it (the seals are same as black tank gate valve) got mine at Madison RV in Madison, Al. Less than 50.00$.

Today weather upper 80' low 90'

Nice! Which exit on I-70 do I take again? :)

2014 36RL (Sold) - Brad, Dory & Sarah

Dumping your tanks 2 weeks 4 days ago #11

Bought mine from Amazon.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!

Main Menu