Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hot water heater

Hot water heater 1 week 2 days ago #1

My hot water heater started to make a noise tonight. It sounded like a leak. After fiddling round a bit, I found that if I turned the switch off inside, the noise stopped. I turned it on again, and the noise started again. Anybody ever have this happen?

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hot water heater 1 week 2 days ago #2

Are you using electric or propane? Mine started to do that when running on electric and the anode rod thingy needed to be changed.

Perhaps try propane and see what that does.

Ken & Gizzi
Ford 2015 F350 DRW
--
"My Redwood; Go anywhere and always be at home."
"The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun"

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been" - Wayne Gretzky

Hot water heater 1 week 2 days ago #3

Thanks for the response Ken. It's on electricity. The anode was replaced last month. I switched to the pump and it doesn't cycle, so no leak. I'll try propane.

Hot water heater 1 week 1 day ago #4

• almcc
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank You(s): 131
I've found that in hard water areas I get noise from our coffee maker and water heater, I now have a water softener on the water input that preserves the life of the water heater anode, and we use RO water from jugs for the coffee maker.

Hot water heater 1 week 1 day ago #5

Check or replace the heating element, it corrodes as bad as the anode rod.

Travelin' Texans
Full timers since 2008
2013 FB Black & Tan (FOR SALE)
2013 GMC Denali 3500 DRW
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.806 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!

Main Menu