Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how to delete post on forum?

Trim on slide out comes loose when slide is extended 2 months 2 weeks ago #1

Mine does the same just not nearly as big of gap, only about a 1/4".
Mine appears the top of the slide makes contact while the bottom is still slightly moving before it drops into place pushing the trim out, not sure what the fix would be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Travelin' Texans

Trim on slide out comes loose when slide is extended 2 months 2 weeks ago #2

• almcc
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 134
Had the same issue on our curbside slide with our 2013 36RL. Seems to be caused by the trim not properly anchored to the slide proper. Our dealer re-fastened the trim and it doesn't move anymore. I've also had to re-fasten the interior panels to the slide frame on the slide as well, the OEM fasteners didn't hold the panels to the frame, the panels bulged out.

Trim on slide out comes loose when slide is extended 2 months 2 weeks ago #3

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 391

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
Same as Al, we had the dealer re-attach the trim on the kitchen slide.

Andy & Judi, Canines - Kona & Bella
Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
Cruise & RV Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
President - ROG

Trim on slide out comes loose when slide is extended 2 months 1 week ago #4

• Joe Dombrowski
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 150

• Redwood/2016/38RL
the top/front of my curbside slide pulls away about 3/8"after some travel... I use my hand to BANG it back in..

It is on my "to-do" list before next season.. Just not sure how to tighten as I see no screws/nails/fasteners.... Was thinking of gorilla glue???

Trim on slide out comes loose when slide is extended 2 months 4 days ago #5

• dunnage
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 0
My wife and I bought our camper from the person who originally started this thread - turns out he asked this question before selling us the unit, tried to delete the post so we wouldn't know about it, and then failed to disclose the issue (I'm sure he banged it back on before we arrived) during the sale. When we got home and setup the camper we noticed the issue and asked him if he was aware of it. He told us no, he had something else fixed a while ago but nothing like that... Well.. we found this post and asked him about it in which he admitted to the issue and after a day or so sent us a text saying he would pay for the repairs if we took it in. I have to say I'm a little reserved about dealing with him, so my question to my fellow redwood owners is this - the trim issue popping off on the curb side when the slide extends completely out - is this just in fact the trim coming off or is this a sign of a sagging slide etc...

Last Edit: by dunnage.

how to delete post on forum? 2 months 4 days ago #6

• Goat
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 8
I don't have an an answer to your question, but I just wanted to say that my father taught me a person has but one thing that can't be taken away from him, but can be be given away... His word. Nuff said.. actually probably too much. Administrator and/or moderators can delete this post as they see fit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dunnage

Trim on slide out comes loose when slide is extended 2 months 4 days ago #7

• dunnage
  • NOW OFFLINE
I just thought I would add some pictures of the problem to see if this is the same issue everyone else has been having.
Attachments:

Trim on slide out comes loose when slide is extended 2 months 4 days ago #8

• Joe Dombrowski
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 150

• Redwood/2016/38RL
The TOP piece on mine looks just like that after travel... It is ( I think ) nothing more than nails, anchors, whatever not seating properly..

I think there were a few here that attended the rally last year and Redwood made the repair and it has not happened again..

I figure that will be my spring chore, along with fixing the LED lights that no longer work around my kitchen island..

Trim on slide out comes loose when slide is extended 2 months 4 days ago #9

• dunnage
  • NOW OFFLINE
Thanks for the response. The wife and I are going to try to make it to the rally this year as well. Camping World said they'll do a "slide adjustment" for about $150.00.

how to delete post on forum? 2 months 4 days ago #10

• Rtimesoon
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 50
Our Fascia trim will work loose over the course of a few trips. Problem with nailing the trim back up is most nails get anchored straight in, and they tend to pull straight back out. When securing with a brad nailer or pin nailer be sure to shoot a few nails to the left and right or also up and down so they are not oriented straight in. This will help alot.

The slide out might be extending just a little bit too much but still needs to travel far enough to compress the bulb seal to keep the water out. Slide outs are adjusted pretty easily.

www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manu...outs/CCD_0001612.pdf

Keep in mind to only make small adjustments at a time and to run the slide out room completely in and out to confirm what you have done. You should be able to close the valve to the other hydraulic slides by turning the knob(s) to the off position in the hydraulic selector switch by your hydraulic pump. That way you are only opening and closing the room you are making the adjustments to.

Should be several videos out there also. Look for Lippert hydraulic slide out through frame adjustments.

Chris & Maria

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's.
2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
Last Edit: by Rtimesoon. Reason: spelling error

how to delete post on forum? 2 months 4 days ago #11

• Goat
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 8
I wouldn't let let Camping World work on a light bulb. They don't have a good reputation for service and repairs. Not trying to bad mouth Camping World, but trying to keep a fellow forumite from getting discouraged. Just use a touch of construction adhesive to hold it in place. If there's no finish on the mating surfaces, good 'ol Elmer's wood glue will do the job.

Last Edit: by Goat.

how to delete post on forum? 2 months 4 days ago #12

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 391

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
Since the information in Tom's posts has been deleted, I have removed them, but will be keeping the thread open.

Any of the Admins or Moderators can delete individual posts or entire threads.

Andy & Judi, Canines - Kona & Bella
Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
Cruise & RV Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
President - ROG

Trim on slide out comes loose when slide is extended 2 months 4 days ago #13

• dunnage
  • NOW OFFLINE
Thanks for the response Joe. I'm going to take a closer look at it tomorrow... work has gotten in the way of RV life unfortunately. Let me know how your LED light fix goes!

how to delete post on forum? 2 months 4 days ago #14

• dunnage
  • NOW OFFLINE
Thanks a ton Rtimesoon! That's excellent information. I was a little upset that both living room slides operated on a single switch but knowing the each slide has its own hydraulic line with a shut-off is solid. Thanks again for that. I definitely plan on taking a closer look at everything tomorrow and will keep everyone updated with the progress.

Trim on slide out comes loose when slide is extended 2 months 4 days ago #15

We had the same issue with ours
At the 2015 rally the redwood techs pulled all the facial on the slide and re screwed the metal bracket for the slide that is under the trim. No issues since. There was not enough screws in the metal which caused the wood trim to move

Woody

Trim on slide out comes loose when slide is extended 2 months 4 days ago #16

We had the same issue with ours
At the 2015 rally the redwood techs pulled all the facial on the slide and re screwed the metal bracket for the slide that is under the trim. No issues since. There was not enough screws in the metal which caused the wood trim to move

Woody

Trim on slide out comes loose when slide is extended 2 months 3 days ago #17

• dunnage
  • NOW OFFLINE
Thanks for the response Shane. I went ahead and adjusted the slide myself this afternoon. It was actually relatively easy. I left it about a 1/8 of an inch off so I could show my wife the process when she gets home. When I go back out I'll take pictures. After the adjusting the issue persisted so I did a little probing and I'm fairly certain I'm having the same issue as Shane. It's not so much the wood trim that's popping off in that corner, it's the metal bracket the wood trim sits on that comes off in that corner. Looks like I'm going to the rally this year...

Trim on slide out comes loose when slide is extended 2 months 3 days ago #18

• Char+Steve
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 53

• “Char+Steve’s
  • Redwood/2014/36FL
We also had a lot of loose trim when we purchased new and same fix as Shane did. I think most are like this. I had the half cabinet between the kitchen and living room that was having issues so smashed it apart and tossed out the door. Built a new coffee bar and center island instead. Just have to get used to working on them every other weekend and all will be fine!
After about the first 2 years I had finally got it pretty much where it should be with very little issues anymore.
Enjoy the RW!!!!!!!

Steve

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.514 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.