Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Front cap paint

Front cap paint 1 week 2 days ago #1

• dave
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 6

• Redwood/2013/38RL
The top of my front cap is starting to sun bake . Looks pretty bad. We have a 2012 RL so there would be no warranty. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dave

Front cap paint 1 week 1 day ago #2

• nw snowbirds
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 86

• “nw
  • Redwood/2012/31sl
Common problem with bad gel coat from that era. Solution is to get it painted. The cost runs from $800 to $2200 to prep and paint the front cap. The rear cap gel coat frequently goes bad as well. Redwood used to reimburse when still under warranty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kkaough

2012 RW31SL chasing 2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax 4WD SRW

North Left Coast, WA

Front cap paint 1 week 1 day ago #3

I had a painted '13 & it wasn't that it was fading as much as the paint on the top couple feet was very lightly sprayed on, like they couldn't quite reach that far.
Since yours is painted a good body shop should be able to blend in the affected area with fresh paint & then possibly clear coat the entire front cap. That should be less costly than repainting the entire front.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kkaough

Travelin' Texans

Front cap paint 1 week 18 hours ago #4

• dave
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 6

• Redwood/2013/38RL
I will look into this, thanks

Dave

Front cap paint 1 week 15 hours ago #5

Yours, if actually fading & not thin paint, is the 1st painted RW that I've heard of with the paint fading. Most all of the unpainted, colored gel coat, RWs had the front/rear caps faded & having them painted was the only sure cure.

Travelin' Texans
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.867 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.