Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Washing and Waxing

Washing and Waxing 4 days 12 hours ago #1

I seem to be constantly scrubbing bugs off my end cap. Has anyone found a product that helps to keep bugs off and aids on their removal? Also, what product do you recommend for general washing and waxing of my 2017 36RL?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Washing and Waxing 4 days 10 hours ago #2

• nw snowbirds
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 86

• “nw
  • Redwood/2012/31sl
Several times a year we take the Redwood thru a Blue Beacon Truck Wash. A long haul trucker recommended getting the Rainex treatment which he claimed reduced the bugs and dirt from sticking. Works for me!

2012 RW31SL chasing 2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax 4WD SRW

North Left Coast, WA

Washing and Waxing 4 days 8 hours ago #3

• hoosierguy
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 15

nw snowbirds wrote: Several times a year we take the Redwood thru a Blue Beacon Truck Wash. A long haul trucker recommended getting the Rainex treatment which he claimed reduced the bugs and dirt from sticking. Works for me!

When you take your coach to Blue Beacon, do you have to do any preparation such as sealing off areas like the refrigerator vents, water heater vents and furnace intake/exhaust vents?

Guy & Phyllis
2012 Redwood 36RL, DualA/C, KodiakDiskBrakes,TrailAir Tri-Glide, GY_G614's,Mor/RydeSRE4000,HDShackles
2011Dodge3500Laramie, CrewCab,4x4, SRW, Michelins, LongBed, 6.7LCTD, 3.73, PullRiteSuper5th20.5KHitch, BlueOxBedsaver

Washing and Waxing 4 days 2 hours ago #4

I found that a real good paste wax, with a lot of elbow grease works to get them of easier... ALSO, I wise old camper once told me to rinse the cap off each night as you stop, the longer the bugs sit on there, they actually bake on..

I have found that between the past wax, and hosing MOST of my bugs are off before it dries..

Washing and Waxing 3 days 10 hours ago #5

• nw snowbirds
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 86

• “nw
  • Redwood/2012/31sl

hoosierguy wrote:

nw snowbirds wrote: Several times a year we take the Redwood thru a Blue Beacon Truck Wash. A long haul trucker recommended getting the Rainex treatment which he claimed reduced the bugs and dirt from sticking. Works for me!

When you take your coach to Blue Beacon, do you have to do any preparation such as sealing off areas like the refrigerator vents, water heater vents and furnace intake/exhaust vents?

No prep necessary. Blue Beacon do many RVs including 5ers and motor homes. Never had any problems.

2012 RW31SL chasing 2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax 4WD SRW

North Left Coast, WA

Washing and Waxing 1 day 3 hours ago #6

We just used Blue Beacon for the first time this past week, $61 for entire rig including Rainex and we were entirely impressed. No prep and it took only 15 minutes or so and it looks good. Will be using them again and again.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.