Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2013 36re suspension

2013 36re suspension 2 months 1 week ago #1

My 2013 36re has wet bolts on the suspension. All but one grease fitting works fine but I can't get it to take grade and in is the one bolt that holds the center or the system up. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2013 36re suspension 2 months 1 week ago #2

Have you taken the weight off the wheels and tried
Unscrew the grease set and try with a new one.if that dont work I would jack up bother axles and pull the wet bolt

Woody

2013 36re suspension 2 months 1 week ago #3

Waltgolf3 wrote: My 2013 36re has wet bolts on the suspension. All but one grease fitting works fine but I can't get it to take grade and in is the one bolt that holds the center or the system up. Does anyone have any suggestions.

If you haven't done so yet I'd highly recommend ordering the heavy shackles w/ wet bolts kit from MorRyde. It will replace the shredded plastic bushing in the spring eyes, which is probably why you can't get them to take grease, & all the others with bronze bushings, not to mention getting rid of the paper thin factory shackles. Definitely worth the money & time.
My '13 FB had 5-6k miles when I did this upgrade, all 4 spring eyes had plastic bushings that were totally shredded plus the holes in the shackles were already, IMO, dangerously elongated. Afterwards they all took grease easily without having to take the weight off. Also used 90 degree grease fittings in some of the wet bolts so grease gun fit much easier.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!
Last Edit: by Danny and Linda.

2013 36re suspension 2 months 1 week ago #4

They all take grease except the passenger side main center hanger bolt which supports both axles. Ill try taking the load off in the bolt first. But I would like to replace the bolts.

2013 36re suspension 2 months 1 week ago #5

Walter
Some times they get installed with the hole in the wet bolt at the 12 and 6 position and won't take grease with weight on them. They should be installed at the 9 and 3 position. Also grease zerks #o fail as well. As Danny said if you do not have the bronze bushings his fix is a must for these heavy trailers

Woody

2013 36re suspension 2 months 1 week ago #6

Thanks I removed the grease jerk and ran grease through it so the jerk should not be the problem. I try jacking it up tomorrow I just want to get it greased we are on the way to Texas. Do you know if the bolt can be turned in place.

2013 36re suspension 2 months 1 week ago #7

No it has splines on it so you will need to pull it out and turn it

Woody

2013 36re suspension 2 months 1 week ago #8

Thanks I googled them and saw the splints.

All is good now jacked up the wheels this morning before we hit the road and it took grease fine so I'm good. Thanks for all the input.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.