Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sophmores

Sophmores 8 months 4 weeks ago #1

Hello All. Nancy and I got our first RV last spring, a 2012 Blackwood 36RV. After a bit of travelling and some "hard knock" type lessons, we are thinking of trading up, possibly to a RW 3401. Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed. In the meantime, we'll be reading the forum posts to try to pick up some wisdom--we have learned a lot but there are still lots of gaps!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sophmores 8 months 4 weeks ago #2

Travelin' Texans
Full timers since 2008
2013 FB Black & Tan (FOR SALE)
2013 GMC Denali 3500 DRW

Sophmores 8 months 4 weeks ago #3

Be sure to search thru many articles posted on this website about buying and selling. Also pro's and con's. This has been a well discussed topic.

Happy Trails!

Sophmores 8 months 4 weeks ago #4

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 374

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
Dave & Nancy,

Welcome to the ROG and great to see you posting on your first day. You will find lots of members willing to share experiences and offer help.

Don't forget about the annual Rally, which is returning to Shipshewana, Indiana in July.

Andy & Judi, Canines - Kona & Bella
Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
Cruise & RV Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
President - ROG

Sophmores 8 months 3 weeks ago #5

Hi Danny and Linda. That is a beautiful looking rig you have. We decided to downsize (a little bit!) and went for a 340. Thanks for the offer and good luck
Dave

Sophmores 8 months 3 weeks ago #6

Hi Andy and Judy, thanks for the very prompt welcome! We are taking you on your suggestion about the rally. Sorry we won't meet you there, but maybe next year, or maybe we will be getting out your way next summer.

At the risk of stirring up a hornet's nest, I notice that Redwood links to 2 owner groups. I did a quick visit to the other one this morning and it seems like the two groups might not have diplomatic relations! Is there something here a newbie should know about, or best to leave undisturbed?

Sophmores 8 months 3 weeks ago #7

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
The ROG is owned and managed by your fellow Redwood owners who volunteer their time. The other forum was originally owned by Redwood RV, but they sold it to a private company about 5 years ago.

Here we have no problem with posts referencing the other forum, but I do not believe it is reciprocal. While I have not used the other forum for many years, but I recall, when the ROG was formed, any posts referencing ROG were deleted by owner/moderators.

In addition to hosting this website and forum, the ROG also assumed responsibility for the annual rally from Redwood RV in 2016 and maintains contact with the Redwood Executive management team. We also provide the technical library, which is located in the left sidebar under "Resources"
The following user(s) said Thank You: daveconnor

Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
President - ROG

Sophmores 8 months 3 weeks ago #8

• mhs4771
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 70

• Redwood/2016/39MB
Dave, you will find many of the same owners on both forums and many posts will be duplicates, but not all. I frequent both and am also still an active member of the Montana Forum since a Montana was our first 5th Wheel.
Many of the problems that come up are common to almost all 5th wheels, so any 5th wheel forum can provide useful info.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" GY114s w/Disc, 5.5 Onan, Mor/ryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride Hitch, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

Sophmores 8 months 3 weeks ago #9

• Piperguy
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 102

• Tilda
  • “Piperguy’s
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
Dave - same as Michelle, I am active on both Redwood forums. I would suggest you do both for the same reasons she said above.

Vaughan & Tracy and the Critters 2013 Redwood 36RL following a 2013 Ford F350 DRW. MorRyde IS, Kodiak Disc, Comfort Ride Hitch, MorRyde Pinbox, and a bunch more. And coming soon ~ Fred the Focus tagging along behind Tilda the Redwood.

Sophmores 8 months 3 weeks ago #10

• Joe Dombrowski
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 144

• Redwood/2016/38RL
I too am on BOTH Redwood forums, along with RV.NET.......

Sophmores 8 months 3 weeks ago #11

• Jim and Mary
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank You(s): 52

• “Jim
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
Andy
I believe last spring and early summer I posted several times referencing the Annual Rally and the ROG on the "other" forum, and no action was taken by the site administrators. Maybe attitudes are changing. I for one welcome an additional venue to offer a free exchange of ideas and information.

Jim

Jim & Mary Butters, Maggie (furry kiddo)
2013 Redwood 36RL
MorRyde IS, MorRyde Pin Box Goodyear G114 17.5's Titan Disc Brakes, Residential fridge Winegard Travel'r rooftop TST TPMS

2015 Ford F350 KR DRW

Sophmores 8 months 3 weeks ago #12

Well this is encouraging, I will need to check them out, diplomatically!
Dave

Sophmores 8 months 3 weeks ago #13

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
Thanks for the update Jim - that is great news

Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
President - ROG

Sophmores 8 months 3 weeks ago #14

I should update my first post here--we have moved beyond thinking and next week will own a 2018 RW340. Intend to pick it up and then head straight into the Canadian long weekend as initiation! Pretty excited!
Dave

Sophmores 8 months 3 weeks ago #15

Congratulations! Be sure to perform your own PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection). If you are not comfortable, consider soliciting a RV Inspector. This will be your last chance before you accept delivery and make a non-refundable payment...Prepare to be there all day if you do this thoroughly...See if you can spend the night in it while still on the lot. It's not final until you drive away!

File Attachment:

File Name: 110115PDIPreRequisites_2018-05-01-2.pdf
File Size: 136 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: 110115PDITraining_2018-05-01-2.pdf
File Size: 206 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: 110115PDIInterior_2018-05-01-2.pdf
File Size: 273 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: 110115PDIExterior_2018-05-01-3.pdf
File Size: 579 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: 110115PDISystems_2018-05-01-2.pdf
File Size: 934 KB
Attachments:

Last Edit: by GipCTravelers.

Sophmores 8 months 3 weeks ago #16

What a great reply! Thank you so much. Will definitely spend some time looking over those attachments. We expect to arrive at the dealer late morning and spend the afternoon with an overnight stay on the lot

Sophmores 8 months 3 weeks ago #17

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
Dave - Are you purchasing from Hitch N'Go, if yes, rest assured Paul will give you a thorough walk through. I was there after the 2014 rally and had planned to go for work after the rally this year.

Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
President - ROG

Sophmores 8 months 2 weeks ago #18

Experience talking...Make them pull a few random A/C Supply vents. You may find them excessively long into the ducting causing an air flow problem.

If you have the front bedroom closet, make them pull the shoe boxes (it's 4 screws each side) and see if there is ANY insulation in there.

Double check your axle ratings. Verify that you have 8,000 lb axles if you have a unit with a 16,600 GVWR.

Check to see if you have H-rated tires if you have the 6,000 lb axles.

Did you get the Disc brakes?

Look into you floor vents. Make sure you don't have a bunch of saw dust in there. It's a fire hazard.

Run all of your appliances on each option (LP versus electric).

Check you slides to make sure they close and open properly and fully.

That's some of the bigger issues we found...

Sophmores 8 months 2 weeks ago #19

daveconnor wrote: I should update my first post here--we have moved beyond thinking and next week will own a 2018 RW340. Intend to pick it up and then head straight into the Canadian long weekend as initiation! Pretty excited!
Dave

Congratulations! We are all so excited for you. I haven't seen any of the 2018, so I am looking forward to doing some walk through coaches at the rally.

I agree with others, I love the benefit of multiple forums. I think Andy is right. Hopefully, any issues are becoming a thing of the past. The people that participate and contribute are great on both sights.

George & Lisa
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.407 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!

Main Menu