Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Member & 1st time rv owner

New Member & 1st time rv owner 1 month 6 days ago #1

• Sharonann7
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 0

• Redwood/2020/4001lk
Hello, everyone! My husband and I just purchased our first RV ever! It's a 5th wheel Redwood 2020 RW4001LK. Because it's brand spanking new and just under production, we won't get it until around Thanksgiving but are totally thrilled we finally took the plunge. We've got a Ford F350 dually, 3 dogs and 1 cat (which, ideally, I can find someone to take him in while we travel). We plan on "snowbirding" since the winters here in Virginia (the Blue Ridge Mountains) can get rather ugly. So if ya'll have any tips for us newbies, my husband and I are all ears! We've been to the Hershey RV show two years in a row and have taken lots of classes and keep on learning a lot of valuable info. Yet, we know there's a LOT more to learn. We want to be well-informed and ready!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Member & 1st time rv owner 1 month 6 days ago #2

Welcome to the forum. And congrats on the new rv. we never learn everything there is to know just keep going forward. Im sure you will love the Redwood. If yo decide to go to explore the Last Frontier (Alaska) let us know. Its our back yard. Theres a lot of good tips here and on youtube as well for RV life.
Congrats
Scott & Mrs. Karen
Arctic Cajuns

New Member & 1st time rv owner 1 month 5 days ago #3

• Sharonann7
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2020/4001lk
Thank you. We're certainly looking forward to our future travels in the Redwood. And Alaska is one of the places we hope to visit in a few years!

New Member & 1st time rv owner 1 month 5 days ago #4

• mhs4771
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank You(s): 92

• Redwood/2016/39MB
Don't know where you plan to SnowBird, but a lot of the Parks in Florida have two pet limits and limits on the breed of Dogs.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, 5.5 Onan, Mor/ryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride Hitch, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

New Member & 1st time rv owner 1 month 5 days ago #5

Welcome to the forum, and the Redwood Family ! This is the right place to be when trying to find answers to anything RW.... Or Anything.......

Joe

New Member & 1st time rv owner 1 month 5 days ago #6

• Sharonann7
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2020/4001lk
We would like to head to Texas (we've relatives in Fort Worth), but that is something I'll definitely have to look into. Thank you!

New Member & 1st time rv owner 1 month 5 days ago #7

• Sharonann7
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2020/4001lk
Oops! It's been a long day. Yes, I'll remember to check restrictions concerning dogs.

New Member & 1st time rv owner 4 weeks 18 hours ago #8

Congratulations and welcome to the Redwood family. This forum is a plethora of information. You might also consider attending the 2020 National Rally in Shipshewana IN, July 11- 19. You will learn so much and connect with many other Redwood Owners that can answer even more questions! Redwood tech are present for any issues you might encounter.

Good luck in your travels and again congratulations on your new Redwood!

New Member & 1st time rv owner 3 weeks 6 days ago #9

• Cheezy
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 2

• Woody
  • “Cheezy’s
  • Redwood/2018/3901WB
Welcome to the RV World. I'm sure you will love your Redwood.

Tom & Peggy
Chevy 3500HD DRW
Moryde IS, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Goodyear G114, Tire Minder TPMS

New Member & 1st time rv owner 3 weeks 3 days ago #10

• Paul Bridges
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 132

• “Paul
  • Redwood/2015/38RL
Welcome to the family. We’ve been fulltiming for 3 1/2 years in our Redwood and it really feels like home. You’ll learn a lot just by watching the forum and see some of the questions/issues that people have, and as I’ve said before many times: Experience is not the best teacher. Someone else’s experience is the BEST teacher! Ask if/when you have questions!

Just a couple of FYIs: you should plan on getting between 5,000 and 10,000 miles out of the original Westlake tires at the most. Plan on replacing them with the Sailun or Goodyear equivalent, and get a good TPMS system so you can be alerted to any problems.

Double check and have Redwood, if possible, reinforce the spring hangers with additional welding or gussets. Many are having weld problems so better to be proactive than to wind up in that club.

I hope you absolutely love your new rig.

Paul & Tracy Bridges
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 KR CC LB DRW 6.7L PSD
1924 Ford Model T
1958 Rainbow TT by Edwards ( 1958rainbow.blogspot.com )
RedwoodRambler.com
RVLivinFulltime.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.