• Page:

TOPIC: Using Smart Phone to Control Trailer

Using Smart Phone to Control Trailer 2 months 1 week ago #1

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 3

• Redwood/2019/3401
Hi Everyone,

I have just bought a 2019 model 3401rl. The literature that comes with the trailer states that you can control the trailer with a smart phone. There is an app you install on your phone. My question is, Does anyone use there smart phone to control the trailer ? How easy is it to install the app on your phone ? This smart phone thing is all new to me. Just want to see if it is worth the effort to set up your phone to help control the trailer.

Thank you for any input,
Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Using Smart Phone to Control Trailer 2 months 1 week ago #2

If its the same as 2018, the app is called iN Command. I use it all the time. I can't imagine not having it. Its very simple to set up. Just download it from the app store or the google play store. Then go to the main console in your coach, mine is in the closet right at the door. Press the picture of the house. scroll down through all the options i.e. slide controls, awnings, lights. Eventually you will come to set up. Choose that and then choose pair. Follow the instructions on the screen.

What do we use it for?

Sometimes I use it to put the slide out. I can stand at the back corner and watch if there is an obstruction close by.

I can turn of the lights outside, or inside from my bed. One night we were grabbing a few winks at a rest area and someone was poking around. I heard them from the bed. I just opened the app and turned on the security lights, the awning lights, and the outside lights. Noises abruptly stopped and I never got out of bed.

Perhaps the best use for us, is starting the gen set when we are getting close to stopping. Often when it's hot we will start the generator 45 minutes before arriving. That way the coach is cool and ready for the dog while we set everything up.

Hope that helps a bit.

Using Smart Phone to Control Trailer 2 months 1 week ago #3

I too have the ASA Jensen InCommand system in my 2018 2931GK and love it. It has been completely trouble free and I control everything from my iPhone. It connects via Bluetooth and the app is very intuitive and easy to use. I would love to see them integrate Apple's fingerprint login though rather than have to put my four digit pin in every time I want to control something. I especially like that I can set my generator for auto start when the battery voltage dips below a specified point.

Their newest systems even have wi-fi capability (Global Connect) which allows remote control of the systems (including HVAC) from anywhere if you are connected to a wi-fi network. I had contacted them to see if my system could be upgraded with Global Connect but they said no as the systems were only provided OEM.

I initially worried about potential failures that could leave you stranded but you can override each controlled device at the relay point in the main controller in the basement.

Using Smart Phone to Control Trailer 2 months 1 week ago #4

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2019/3401

boatguy wrote: If its the same as 2018, the app is called iN Command. I use it all the time. I can't imagine not having it. Its very simple to set up. Just download it from the app store or the google play store. Then go to the main console in your coach, mine is in the closet right at the door. Press the picture of the house. scroll down through all the options i.e. slide controls, awnings, lights. Eventually you will come to set up. Choose that and then choose pair. Follow the instructions on the screen.

What do we use it for?

Sometimes I use it to put the slide out. I can stand at the back corner and watch if there is an obstruction close by.

I can turn of the lights outside, or inside from my bed. One night we were grabbing a few winks at a rest area and someone was poking around. I heard them from the bed. I just opened the app and turned on the security lights, the awning lights, and the outside lights. Noises abruptly stopped and I never got out of bed.

Perhaps the best use for us, is starting the gen set when we are getting close to stopping. Often when it's hot we will start the generator 45 minutes before arriving. That way the coach is cool and ready for the dog while we set everything up.

Hope that helps a bit.

Hi John,

Thank you for the answer. It sounds like it is worth the effort. Now to try to down load the app. How hard was it to find the app in the app store ? I have Android system.

Thank you for any help,
Al

Using Smart Phone to Control Trailer 2 months 1 week ago #5

Using Smart Phone to Control Trailer 2 months 1 week ago #6

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2019/3401

boatguy wrote: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asaelectronics.jrvcs1

Click or cut and paste.

Hi John,

Thank you for the help. I was able to get the app installed on my phone.

Thank you again,
Al

Using Smart Phone to Control Trailer 2 months 1 week ago #7

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2019/3401
Hi Everyone,

I was able to get the app on my phone. That was the easy part. I tried it today with no luck. What could I be doing work ? I have called up the app on my phone with no problem. I tried the different areas with no luck. Let's say sides. Nothing happens. When I go to the app, what should I see ? Is there a video of how to use the app ? I am at a lose ? I don't even know how to write how lost I am.
Please point me in the right direction.
Al

Using Smart Phone to Control Trailer 2 months 1 week ago #8

• Paul Bridges
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 80

• “Paul
  • Redwood/2015/38RL
Make sure you are connected to the network of your InCommand. Although I have the Lippert One Control, I had to logon to the network. The password was on a label on the router.

Paul & Tracy Bridges
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 KR CC LB DRW 6.7L PSD
1924 Ford Model T
1958 Rainbow TT by Edwards ( 1958rainbow.blogspot.com )

Using Smart Phone to Control Trailer 2 months 1 week ago #9

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2019/3401

Iceman1777 wrote: Make sure you are connected to the network of your InCommand. Although I have the Lippert One Control, I had to logon to the network. The password was on a label on the router.

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your help. I will have to figure out how I know if I am connected to the InCommand system. Does something come up on your phone showing you are connected ?

Al

Using Smart Phone to Control Trailer 2 months 1 week ago #10

• Paul Bridges
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 80

• “Paul
  • Redwood/2015/38RL
Open the Settings on your phone and look under WiFi. Make sure WiFi is turned on and it will show available networks, and your InCommand network should show up. Connect to that network and you will need a password, which might be printed on your router. My router is located on top of the coat closet next to the door.

Paul & Tracy Bridges
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 KR CC LB DRW 6.7L PSD
1924 Ford Model T
1958 Rainbow TT by Edwards ( 1958rainbow.blogspot.com )

Using Smart Phone to Control Trailer 2 months 1 week ago #11

If it's the ASA Jensen InCommand system (without Global Connect) it pairs with your phone via Bluetooth and not wi-fi. Go to the bluetooth settings on your phone and ensure it's turned on and discoverable. Then go to the menu on your InCommand panel and select Bluetooth and pair the phone to the InCommand system.
Attachments:

Using Smart Phone to Control Trailer 2 months 1 week ago #12

Just for clarification only the newest ASA InCommand systems that have Global Connect are wi-fi compatible. I don't even know if Redwood is installing the systems with Global Connect. Every 2018 Redwood I've seen has the Pro-Plus InComand system without Global Connect and the only interface with those units is Bluetooth.

I see you have a 2019 coach. Look at the controller and see if it's labeled with the Global Connect symbol. The link below shows the various systems as well as the Global Connect Logo.

www.asaelectronics.com/incommand-support

Last Edit: by PunksRedwood. Reason: add link

Using Smart Phone to Control Trailer 2 months 1 week ago #13

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2019/3401
Hi Everyone,

Thank you guys for your help. I was able to get connected. Some how it happen. It took me several tries to get it done. But I have it on my phone now.

Thank you again for the help.
Al

Using Smart Phone to Control Trailer 2 months 1 week ago #14

alan0043 wrote: Hi Everyone,

Thank you guys for your help. I was able to get connected. Some how it happen. It took me several tries to get it done. But I have it on my phone now.

Thank you again for the help.
Al

In case it ever disconnects here is a video on how to pair your phone . . .

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.864 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!

Main Menu