Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Escape the Box

Escape the Box 7 months 4 weeks ago #1

Got this tip from Tim and Cindy in Morgan City, LA. Living in an RV can be a bit confining with the door shut and the AC on. Just installed plexiglass on my screen door and now we can keep the door open and still keep the cool air in. Cut 3/4 in velcro in half and used it to attach the plexiglass to the inside of the screen door. Eliminates the dark closed in feeling that comes from hanging out in your RV on those hot summer days. Ordered our from a local glass company, worked great....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Escape the Box 7 months 4 weeks ago #2

Can you post a picture of how the velcro works? We made up the plexiglass inserts but are having an issue keeping them in place.

TIA

Ken & Gizzi
Ford 2015 F350 DRW
--
"My Redwood; Go anywhere and always be at home."
"The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun"

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been" - Wayne Gretzky

Escape the Box 7 months 4 weeks ago #3

• Jim and Mary
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank You(s): 57

• “Jim
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
Us too

Jim & Mary Butters, Maggie (furry kiddo)
2013 Redwood 36RL
MorRyde IS, MorRyde Pin Box Goodyear G114 17.5's Titan Disc Brakes, Residential fridge Winegard Travel'r rooftop TST TPMS

2015 Ford F350 KR DRW

Escape the Box 7 months 4 weeks ago #4

It's hard to get a good picture that shows what I did, but the first picture is at night with the outer door open. The second is a close up of the 1/4 in. plexiglass and were it attaches to the velcro on the door. It's two pieces and I traced the radius at the top of the door on paper and made a templet so the glass company would get the cut right. The top piece extends to the center bar just below the slide access. The second is a square piece at the bottom. I cut 3/4" velcro in half and ran it around all the edges of the plexiglass except the vertical cut at the slide access. Did the same on the door. It's not going anywhere and adds tons of light to our rig.
Attachments:

Escape the Box 7 months 4 weeks ago #5

That is a very nice job - I always hated that windowless door on our Redwood.

On a whim, my brother and I ran to the hardware store by the campsite and grabbed one of these kits

www.amazon.com/3M-Outside-Window-Insulat...300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

we laid the screen door on the picnic table and had it installed in about an hour. It was to serve us for the week, but it lasted 3 YEARS!
:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smoov1000

2014 36RL (Sold) - Brad, Dory & Sarah
Last Edit: by atom ant.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 2.247 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.