Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MICROWAVE

MICROWAVE 3 months 6 days ago #1

looking for recommendation on replacing our MICROWAVE oven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MICROWAVE 3 months 6 days ago #2

I have a Panasonic at home , its got big power and easy to used. If I had to replace it would be one with a convection oven and microwave combine. The unit in our redwood is a combo with vent , I believe its a fridgedair or whirlpool . It works almost as well in microwave mode as the home .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dannyboy

MICROWAVE 3 months 5 days ago #3

With a RL you need a zero clearance door because its up tight against the pantry. the only one we found was Maytag. I posted this recently, look in appliances. We have been very happy with our choice. good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dannyboy

MICROWAVE 3 months 5 days ago #4

We replaced our micro/convection oven with a GE Cafe micro/Convection. We love it. The only modification required was to make the vent 1/8" taller on the wall to accommodate the oven vent. We have a 36 RL. The wattage is higher and the interior oven space is significantly larger than the original oven Redwood used. I know of another owner that installed a GE oven and had some minor modifications required, but also like their new one.

Last Edit: by 1000islander.

MICROWAVE 3 months 3 days ago #5

• Rob_Fla
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 65

• “Rob_Fla’s
  • Redwood/2014/38FL
I installed a GE Profile Convection Microwave in our Redwood, love it, awesome unit.

Robert, Sheryl & Bale (The Wonder Dog)
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114s, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW

MICROWAVE 3 months 1 day ago #6

I just check ours , Its a frididaire

MICROWAVE 3 months 23 hours ago #7

• Paul Bridges
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 84

• “Paul
  • Redwood/2015/38RL
I think this will be in our future as well. Our Frigidaire micro works fine but I think some of you heard Tracy’s frustration at the rally with the convection part. Gotta keep mama happy.

Paul & Tracy Bridges
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 KR CC LB DRW 6.7L PSD
1924 Ford Model T
1958 Rainbow TT by Edwards ( 1958rainbow.blogspot.com )

MICROWAVE 3 months 22 hours ago #8

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 365

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
Paul,

We had similar issues with the original Frigidaire microwave. The convection part never worked, even after our dealer found a local technician to repair it. At the 2016 rally, when 2 yrs out of warranty, Redwood replaced it with a brand new Frigidaire, which actually works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iceman1777

Andy & Judi, Canines - Kona & Bella
Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
Cruise & RV Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
President - ROG

MICROWAVE 3 months 8 hours ago #9

• GTXRAS
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 8

• “GTXRAS’s
  • Redwood/2015/RW39MB
Our First Frigidaire did not work right on convection. RW replaced it at the 2016 rally with another which did not work right either. It died right at 1 year old. Replaced it with a Whirlpool Gold Series. Had to trim 3/4 off the backslash to install. wife has been happy with it.

Rick
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iceman1777

2015 Ram 3500 SLT Mega Cab DRW, SS Nerf Bars, Andersen Ultimate Hitch, ATTA Freedom Fill System
Living Full Time in a 2015 39MB Tan & Burgundy Urban Clay/Caramel, Wineguard Dish, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top, myRV Linc Remote, MorRyde SRE 4000, Titan Disk Brakes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!

Main Menu