Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Interior moulding

Interior moulding 2 months 1 week ago #1

• faulfrjr
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 0

• Redwood/2019/3901WB
Hello, and Happy New year. We own a 2019 3901WB. Last night some of the crown moulding in our living room fell down.
Has anyone one else experienced this situation?
Was thinking I would re-attach using trim head screws, any thoughts?

Thanks
Francis Faulkner Jr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Interior moulding 2 months 1 week ago #2

• Paul Bridges
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 93

• “Paul
  • Redwood/2015/38RL
I’ve had some of the trim pieces vibrate loose and used finish nails with my small air nail gun to reattach. They seem to endure the flexing and vibration well.

Paul & Tracy Bridges
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 KR CC LB DRW 6.7L PSD
1924 Ford Model T
1958 Rainbow TT by Edwards ( 1958rainbow.blogspot.com )

Interior moulding 2 months 1 week ago #3

I did the same thing as Paul. I don;'t travel without my brad nailer.

Interior moulding 2 months 1 week ago #4

I would opt for screws. The day I purchased my 2018 GK I noticed the crown molding was loose and raised up at the joints. It appears the moldings themselves have slight bows in them. The dealer used a brad nailer to nail them back down but they have pulled back up again at the joint. I can push them back down and in a couple of days they are back up. The nails just can't get enough of a bite in the wall board. It looks terrible (and cheap) especially when the accent lighting is on and you see the light coming through the openings of the loose molding. I'm going to try a countersunk screw with a trim matching wood cover button to try and hold them down permanently. Come on Redwood - you can do better!!!!
Attachments:

Last Edit: by PunksRedwood.

Interior moulding 2 months 1 week ago #5

• Buan-Lester
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 9

• Redwood/2014/38GK
Cut off the ends as they bow due to being too long. Mine stayed up after the trim in the closets and other rooms. Liquid nail works good also

Interior moulding 2 months 1 week ago #6

My moldings are not bowed due to them touching. The moldings are simply not straight and the slight bow overcomes the holding force of the brad nails. I also don’t want to use liquid nails in case I ever need to remove the molding without damaging the wall board. Every Redwood I’ve seen sitting on dealer lots seemed to have loose moldings and other loose/missing trim most likely from the transit of the coach to the dealer. On several of them I noticed sections of crown molding on the floor.

• Page:
Time to create page: 6.380 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.