Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: suspension change

suspension change 2 months 2 weeks ago #1

anyone out there change their rig suspension to the IS suspension system, from MorRyde ?
Curious, Fixin to have my 2012 36RE upgraded to it, along with Disc Brakes
Any opinions, are appreciated, on this matter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by lonetraveler.

suspension change 2 months 2 weeks ago #2

Do you mean IS suspension? If so, best upgrade EVER!

suspension change 2 months 2 weeks ago #3

• Joe Dombrowski
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 150

• Redwood/2016/38RL
I agree, if your talking about the MORryde IS , it really is worth every penny...

suspension change 2 months 2 weeks ago #4

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 393

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
If you are considering suspension and brake upgrades, suggest waiting until the 2019 rally specials are negotiated and posted, as some excellent deals are normally provided.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ford truck guy

Andy & Judi, Canines - Kona & Bella
Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
Cruise & RV Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
President - ROG

suspension change 2 months 2 weeks ago #5

Just as well spring for whole enchilada; IS, disc brakes & throw on the 17.5" H rated tires & be good to go.

Travelin' Texans
Last Edit: by Danny and Linda.

suspension change 2 months 2 weeks ago #6

if you book a MorRyde upgrade and have the work done before the end of march they have a "snow bird special" $500 off the work! I am heading there march 25-26 for 8K IS and disk brakes. It tows alright on good roads but when it gets rough it looks like a tornado went threw the cabinets and dumps everything on the floor. The disk brakes almost a must a this weight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lonetraveler

suspension change 2 months 1 week ago #7

• mhs4771
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 79

• Redwood/2016/39MB
Next to nothing moves in our unit, unless some idiot cuts us off and I have to hit the brakes hard, then a few things will shift forward.
But in almost 10 years of running the IS on three different units, we have never broken anything and that's after approx 93K miles including to Alaska and Newfoundland.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" GY114s w/Disc, 5.5 Onan, Mor/ryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride Hitch, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

suspension change 2 months 1 week ago #8

• Piperguy
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 106

• Tilda
  • “Piperguy’s
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
Same here. Over 42k miles and no issues. Tows great, rides great and like Michelle said, nothing moves around much unless I've got to climb all over the brakes. Would never own another fifth wheel without both IS and disc brakes.

Vaughan & Tracy and the Critters 2013 Redwood 36RL following a 2013 Ford F350 DRW. MorRyde IS, Kodiak Disc, Comfort Ride Hitch, MorRyde Pinbox, and a bunch more. And coming soon ~ Fred the Focus tagging along behind Tilda the Redwood.

suspension change 2 months 1 week ago #9

If you wanted to do it in steps so the price tag is more in line with your budget disk brakes can be added after . Performance trailer brakes has several road installing teams that can come to you. I am getting the disk brakes and IS done all at once. We cant post prices here or they will delete the post, send me a PM if you want.

Last Edit: by xcmark.

suspension change 2 months 1 week ago #10

got a deal for suspension when I was at the Florida Rv Show this year, from Gary.

suspension change 2 months 1 week ago #11

Having it all done the same time, in March, matter of fact on the 12th is my appt.

suspension change 2 months 1 week ago #12

are you doing a tire and wheel upgrade also?
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.525 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.