Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: TrailAir TriGlide Hitch

TrailAir TriGlide Hitch 2 months 3 weeks ago #1

I recently contacted Lippert and informed them that the bottom plate of my TrailAir TriGlide has a lot of movement/play. I was told by Lippert that they had problems with the design and no longer make this unit and would send out a replacement. However, what they sent out is not an equivalent unit. What they sent does NOT have the shock absorber and donut. It is only a chunk of metal with a kingpin. When I contacted Lippert I was told that what they shipped is the replacement that they were instructed to sent out. I explained that what I have is a cadillac as compared to the volkswagen they sent out. Lippert did go on to say that they would be happy to SELL me a replacement unit similar to the unit I have called a FlexAIR which has the donut and shock absorber. According to Lippert "it normally retails for $1450.95 PLUS $203.65 shipping because it has to be shipped freight. So realistically $600 off." I checked Amazon and I can purchase this unit for $1150 with free shipping.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TrailAir TriGlide Hitch 2 months 3 weeks ago #2

• mhs4771
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 87

• Redwood/2016/39MB
Or just opt for the MORryde Pin Box, which is what a bunch of us did at the Rally several years ago, before Lippert admitted there was an issue with the Tri-Glide.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" GY114s w/Disc, 5.5 Onan, Mor/ryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride Hitch, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

TrailAir TriGlide Hitch 2 months 3 weeks ago #3

I had a tri-glide that had issues,,, I went to the Flex air and it was really nice... Now the new Redwoods come stock with the Morryde pin box and I think it's even better than the flex air.. Now, I only have the tow home fro . the dealer, and my fist and only trip which was less than 100 miles

TrailAir TriGlide Hitch 2 months 3 weeks ago #4

I thought they were shipping just the lower jaw with a fixed king pin & you still used the shock & airbag not a complete hitch minus the good stuff or did I totally misunderstand.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

TrailAir TriGlide Hitch 2 months 2 weeks ago #5

I would say you got ripped! I thought they were sending the Flexair.

2014 36RL (Sold) - Brad, Dory & Sarah

TrailAir TriGlide Hitch 4 weeks 1 day ago #6

• BobJudy71
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 15
After I complained, I had my Tri-Glide replaced as well. I was replaced with the Trail-Air - no cost. I would push them and, feel free to use me as an example. This was 1 year ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: csg11

Bob and Judy Arnold & Sophie
Lake Mary, FL
2017 RW38RL
2016 Ford 350 Lariat 6.7TD DRW

TrailAir TriGlide Hitch 4 weeks 22 hours ago #7

• Paul Bridges
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 130

• “Paul
  • Redwood/2015/38RL
At last year’s rally Lippert verified my Trail Air was junk but only offered me Rally pricing on a new replacement. I had already made up my mind that if I had to buy one it would be the MorRyde, and did so. No regrets.

Paul & Tracy Bridges
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 KR CC LB DRW 6.7L PSD
1924 Ford Model T
1958 Rainbow TT by Edwards ( 1958rainbow.blogspot.com )

TrailAir TriGlide Hitch 3 weeks 2 days ago #8

Lippert came through. Sent me a Flex Air replacement and paid for one hour of labor for installation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.