• Page:

TOPIC: Bedroom slide not working.

Bedroom slide not working. 1 year 10 months ago #1

• 3Taylors
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 2

• “3Taylors’s
  • Redwood/2012/36RL
The bedroom slide on our 2012 36RL is not working. Happened about a year ago and after hubby checked fuses and circuit breakers, it just started working again without any repairs. We had to move campsites yesterday and the slide wouldn't come in. He removed and reinserted fuses, etc and it started working again.

Moved the camper and set up only to find it not working again. Hubby had went to work so I tried to duplicate what he had done. WRONG idea. I broke the first one I pulled. haha. Finally found a replacement 12v 15amp circuit breaker today.

Has anyone had a similiar problem? If so, what was the problem? Any suggestions from anyone will be appreciated.

Btw, I always hold in the slide button for a few seconds after it has completed moving in or out so that the motors can sync.

Thanks,
Sherry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bedroom slide not working. 1 year 10 months ago #2

Can almost guarantee that you have a loose wire. Most likely at the fuse or breaker you are messing with. It's too coincidental and repetitive.

If not there, check the Schwintek motors...Several are reporting a loose fitting/connection there.

In the event of an emergency, check out this Lippert Schwinetek Manual Override Video.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 3Taylors

Last Edit: by GipCTravelers.

Bedroom slide not working. 1 year 10 months ago #3

• 3Taylors
  • NOW OFFLINE

• “3Taylors’s
  • Redwood/2012/36RL
GipC,
The slide is now out and there are no longer any lights flashing. I replaced the circuit breaker & checked for the flashing lights. Two red flashes followed by a green flash. Not knowing where to go from there, i decided to try the slide again & presto! It is still a mystery, but thank you for providing the video. That's great info to have in case of emergency.

Thank you,
Sherry

Bedroom slide not working. 1 year 10 months ago #4

Your welcome for the video...

Wished I has suggested the breaker or fuses...That's always the easier fix first. Sorry about that. Since you had power, I would have thought it was a loose wire. And because your unit is only 4 or 5 years old, I would not have checked that up front. But I have also seen a lot of bad breakers in my career. No one ever performs any PM's on their electrical equipment. Breakers should be exercised at least once a year. The grease hardens inside and the breakers eventually will not work when called upon. GFI receptacles should also be exercised at least monthly. They typically will fail after a couple of years otherwise. Again, most of the time you won't know that until you need it. By then, it's typically too late. And finally, check the breaker and outlet or switch connections annually for the first couple of years. A loose wire is an invitation for a fire. As wires heat and shrink from the loads, they can give the appearance of a loose screw. Tighten the screws up the first couple of years and you should be trouble free for that problem for good. (always shut of the power prior to doing this to prevent electrical shocks).

Based on the 2 reds and 1 green, your problem was/is now related to Motor 1 and a battery drop out. Probably from the defective breaker you may have had (intermittent power).

Here is the specific code list and the lengthier troubleshooting guide for reference:

File Attachment:

File Name: 091616Schwintek-Manual-override.pdf
File Size: 400 KB
Attachments:

Last Edit: by GipCTravelers.

Bedroom slide not working. 1 year 10 months ago #5

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 334

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
When experiencing problems, don't forget to check the Technical Library for solutions and manuals. We have 3 files on the Schwintek slides - troubleshooting guide, In-wall system and operating & service manual

www.redwoodrvowners.com/2016-04-11-23-56.../lci-level-up-system

Andy & Judi, Canines - Kona & Bella
Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
Cruise & RV Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
President - ROG

Bedroom slide not working. 1 year 10 months ago #6

• 3Taylors
  • NOW OFFLINE

• “3Taylors’s
  • Redwood/2012/36RL
You are right Andi. I should have checked the files before asking for help. I didn't take the time to research it. Was hoping for a quick suggestion to get the slide back in working order. Also hubby was working. And.....and... can you believe I pulled and backed the camper in without him??? My first time pulling or backing. Thanks for the reminder.

Bedroom slide not working. 1 year 10 months ago #7

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 334

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL

3Taylors wrote: You are right Andi. I should have checked the files before asking for help. I didn't take the time to research it. Was hoping for a quick suggestion to get the slide back in working order. Also hubby was working. And.....and... can you believe I pulled and backed the camper in without him??? My first time pulling or backing. Thanks for the reminder.

Sherry,

Please don't think the Technical Library is there to discourage members posting on the forum for help. The first folder in Technical Discussions is "Urgent Help Required". The forum is an excellent resource for getting new assistance, but older posts may be challenging to research.

This is the strength of the Technical Library, where we hope the menu structure simplifies searching.

Andy & Judi, Canines - Kona & Bella
Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
Cruise & RV Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
President - ROG

Bedroom slide not working. 1 year 10 months ago #8

• 3Taylors
  • NOW OFFLINE

• “3Taylors’s
  • Redwood/2012/36RL
Thanks Andi.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.797 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!

Main Menu