Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dining/Recliner Slide Very Slow to Close

Dining/Recliner Slide Very Slow to Close 11 months 3 weeks ago #1

The dining room/recliner slide on our 39MB is very slow to close. Actually, I have to push on the slide to even get it to close. I've read the other posts which talk about the slide possibly being out of adjustment but ours does not appear to be out of adjustment. The bottom of the slide raises up and starts to come in but then it appears to get stuck like the angle is too great to overcome. Like I said then I am able to push on the slide & it closes but that just doesn't seem correct. I have also read that the relay/fuse in the battery compartment could be going bad and that I should replace it but I don't really know which one it is.

What steps would y'all recommend?

Thanks for any help and information y'all are able to provide.

JD & Kendra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dining/Recliner Slide Very Slow to Close 11 months 3 weeks ago #2

One thing you HAVE to do is keep the slide rubber seals lubricated.

Some individuals use Lemon Pledge (or a Dollar Store version of it).

Some use baby powder.

I still use the expensive but reliable Slide Seal spray.

If the rubber dries out, the slides drag on the rubber surfaces. We experienced this when we first bought our 38GK. I now lubricate the seals at least every 3-6 months or so.

Try that first. It's quick, cheap and easy.

Also, be sure to lube the gears and slide bars holding up the slide. If they get dirty, they can add extra friction as well.

Next, do the other hydraulic slides still come in easy or are they the same? What about the Schwintek slides? Are they dragging as well?

Batteries would be the next suspect but I see your rig is a 2017. So that may not be the issue.

I would guess the slide seals....Post back if that does not correct the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlaskaBuckeye

Dining/Recliner Slide Very Slow to Close 11 months 3 weeks ago #3

First place I'd look is the fluid level in the reservoir in the front battery/storage compartment. With ALL jacks up, ALL slides in the fluid level should be within 1/4" to 1/2" from the fill opening. If it's low top off with an anti stiction oil, basically 15w motorcycle fork oil, then operate all slides/jacks a few times to work out the air. Hopefully it's this simple.
I'm one of the Pledge users, as recommended by factory techs, on the seals, has worked for me since the RW was new.
IMHO the seals would have to almost be glued to the slide sides for the hydraulic pump to ever notice they were hindering it's movement. If your seals dragging are causing the slide to stop then the pump is toast or some other issue with the hydraulic system.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!
Last Edit: by Danny and Linda.

Dining/Recliner Slide Very Slow to Close 11 months 3 weeks ago #4

I had the same thing happen,,,, I used baby powder to get home and it worked good..
I know keep a can of Pledge in the Redwood and use it every month or so...

When it happened first, I was panicking as the slide looked like it was trying to go threw the ceiling he angle was so severe....

It is amazing what a little lubricant can do !

Dining/Recliner Slide Very Slow to Close 11 months 3 weeks ago #5

Thank you so much for the info! I will be sure to let you know how it turns out. Thanks again!

JD & Kendra

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.