• Page:

TOPIC: Bedroom slide leaking

Bedroom slide leaking 1 week 1 day ago #1

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 4

• Redwood/2019/3401
Hi Everyone,

I have a big concern about my trailer. I want to know if anyone has had a leak on their slides. The problem is the bedroom slide. I will describe the problem the best that I can. This is the strange part of the problem. With the slide in the in position is where the trailer will leak the most. I have found water in the storage area at the bottom of the wall between the propane tank wall and the storage area. This is a common wall. Here is the biggest problem. I will find the carpet wet close to the bed side toward the front of the trailer. There is a small raise on the slide under the bed. If you put your hand along the raised area you will also find that it is wet. This area is in a line with the wet carpet along the side of the bed. Any ideas ? Has anyone seen or heard of this problem ? Is there a seal missing ? This is a 2019 model. I want to have as much info as I can have before I take the trailer to the dealer for repair.

Thank you for any help or ideas,
Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by alan0043.

Bedroom slide leaking 1 week 1 day ago #2

I have a 2015 36RL and have experienced a leak around the bedroom slide. Upon investigation I found the slide seals on both sides of the slides (not the top seal) were folded or crimped and not laying flat as they should, allowing rain water to leak into the trailer. I have begun carrying a small step ladder and use a wooden yardstick to ensure seals lay flat on all slides whenever I extend the slides. This may or may not be your problem. Other posts I have read indicate that improperly sealed seams on the exterior of the trailer where sheet metal/fiberglass meet can leak and cause major problems. You should check these seams. This winter I will be resealing all these seams on my trailer. Good luck!

Bedroom slide leaking 1 week 12 hours ago #3

• Grumpa523
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 10

• Redwood/2013/36re
Check the caulking on the top of the bedroom slide trim. I was getting wet spot when the slide was retracted in the middle of the slide next to the bed. I found the caulking had cracked and was letting water in wetting the slide floor. I used the Geocell 2300 sealer to redo the caulking.

Bedroom slide leaking 1 week 11 hours ago #4

• Joe Dombrowski
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 140

• Redwood/2016/38RL
I just had a leak on my bedroom slide side.. it was a PITA as I could not figure it out.. It leaked when the slides were in.. or out...

I ended up removing all the caulk around the exterior of that slide, including all the corner pieces... added new clear caulk to every seam...

Problem gone !

Bedroom slide leaking 6 days 11 hours ago #5

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 4

• Redwood/2019/3401
Hi Everyone,

I checked the calking out. It seems to be ok.

Al

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!

Main Menu