Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Washer drain not hooked up

Washer drain not hooked up 4 months 3 weeks ago #1

We had our been washed dryer installed at Camping World yesterday. When we went to pick it up the the tech told us everything was good and they ran it through a couple of cycles. When hooking up I noticed water dripping from the front of the unit at the left corner. After looking under the bed we found the drain hose was not connected. Seems all the water they used during the testing emptied in the slide. Has anyone had this happen and noticed any water damage from the leak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Washer drain not hooked up 4 months 3 weeks ago #2

• hoosierguy
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 16

Waltgolf3 wrote: We had our been washed dryer installed at Camping World yesterday. When we went to pick it up the the tech told us everything was good and they ran it through a couple of cycles. When hooking up I noticed water dripping from the front of the unit at the left corner. After looking under the bed we found the drain hose was not connected. Seems all the water they used during the testing emptied in the slide. Has anyone had this happen and noticed any water damage from the leak.

Unfortunately, that has been an issue since Redwood started manufacturing their coaches in 2010. They didn't (and don't) know how to properly connect a flexible drain hose to a solid PVC drain pipe. That issue has been well documented by owners on this and the other forum.

We have never had a washer/dryer installed in ou 2012 (built in 2011) 36RL. Three years ago while working on the bed, I decided to check out the issue under the bed. Sure enough, that drain line issue existed and the line fell apart with a slight tug. I repaired it with the proper fittings to make a tight connection and also anchored the flexible line properly so it could not pull on the connection when the slide goes in and out.

Redwood's engineering and quality control departments should be ashamed of such shoddy work.

Guy & Phyllis
2012 Redwood 36RL, DualA/C, KodiakDiskBrakes,TrailAir Tri-Glide, GY_G614's,Mor/RydeSRE4000,HDShackles
2011Dodge3500Laramie, CrewCab,4x4, SRW, Michelins, LongBed, 6.7LCTD, 3.73, PullRiteSuper5th20.5KHitch, BlueOxBedsaver

Washer drain not hooked up 4 months 3 weeks ago #3

Your fix was going to be my next move. I also believe they didn't put a long enough hose on it. The hose has a lot of stress on it I believe being a little longer would still work and not put as much stress on the fitting.

Thank You

Washer drain not hooked up 4 months 3 weeks ago #4

We have a 2015 and installed a washer and dryer. The first fill on the washer we had the same thing luckily it was straight water to rinse it out. Pulled the bed and fixed the line where the flex and solid plumbing joined
Thanks to our 2 forums we have knew exactly what the problem was

Woody

Washer drain not hooked up 4 months 3 weeks ago #5

As much as I dislike like Camping World - the blame goes to Redwood on this one. Thanks to those on the forum here that experience problems before us, I was able to bring home our 2014 Redwood 36RL and fix the problem with the flex hose under the bed before anything happened.

Then, when I did a water test, I also found a drip in the ABS plastic joints up by the headboard where they hadn't glued the pipe in a full 360, so I had to cut it all out and rebuild it. I never had the dreaded water leak others experienced after that.

2014 36RL (Sold) - Brad, Dory & Sarah

Washer drain not hooked up 4 months 3 weeks ago #6

I agree. Redwood didn't hook mine up but all the fittings were there. Fortunately I had on put a bit of antifreeze down it, and only happened to notice it when I pulled the under bed drawer out to fix the runners.

Washer drain not hooked up 4 months 3 weeks ago #7

• mhs4771
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 91

• Redwood/2016/39MB
The really sad thing about the washer hose, is that I fully documented the issue along with photos back in June of 2012, and yet the same problem still exists!!!!!!

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, 5.5 Onan, Mor/ryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride Hitch, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

Washer drain not hooked up 4 months 2 weeks ago #8

• hoosierguy
  • NOW OFFLINE

mhs4771 wrote: The really sad thing about the washer hose, is that I fully documented the issue along with photos back in June of 2012, and yet the same problem still exists!!!!!!

Isn't that the truth. For a company that started out touting how they would pay attention to the "customer's wants and needs", I have seen very few changes based on customer experiences or "wants and needs"!!

If they actually did pay attention to the customer experiences, Redwood would be a very excellent product by now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redwood5er

Guy & Phyllis
2012 Redwood 36RL, DualA/C, KodiakDiskBrakes,TrailAir Tri-Glide, GY_G614's,Mor/RydeSRE4000,HDShackles
2011Dodge3500Laramie, CrewCab,4x4, SRW, Michelins, LongBed, 6.7LCTD, 3.73, PullRiteSuper5th20.5KHitch, BlueOxBedsaver

Washer drain not hooked up 4 months 2 weeks ago #9

• Goat
  • NOW OFFLINE
All that depends on what customer is being talked about. It's a publicly traded company, so the shareholder customer comes first.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.