• Page:

TOPIC: Need to Run Wires

Need to Run Wires 5 months 3 days ago #1

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 13

• Redwood/2019/3401
Hi Everyone,

I need to run some wires from the battery compartment toward the middle of the trailer. Has anyone done this job ? I don't think going under the floor will work. I am looking for ideas to where to run the wires. I want to mount a remote switch for my inverter. And I also have a remote display for the surge protection that needs to mounted outside of the battery compartment.

Looking for ideas. Thanks for any help.
Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need to Run Wires 5 months 3 days ago #2

How far to the middle? You can run up to the ceiling of the basement (take down the ceiling) and across to the utility area behind the basement wall which puts you under your stairs and it is all wide open under there to fish up walls, etc.

If you need to go further than that, you might as well go right down the street side frame by the batteries where the rest of the wiring harness goes and fish it down the frame above the belly material until you get where you need to go. Typically from there it is at least easy to get to the island. Anywhere else is pretty difficult.

2014 36RL (Sold) - Brad, Dory & Sarah
Last Edit: by atom ant.

Need to Run Wires 5 months 3 days ago #3

• mhs4771
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 94

• Redwood/2016/39MB
I mounted my remote for the EMS in the panel with all the other switches/controls. Easy drop from there into the belly, then removed a section of the basement ceiling and routed to the Battery compartment.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, 5.5 Onan, Mor/ryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride Hitch, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

Need to Run Wires 5 months 3 days ago #4

• Jim and Mary
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 65

• “Jim
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
Me too...............the only "special tool" I needed was a small electricians fish tape which I had anyway, having been an electrician for 40 years. Going over the ceiling in the "basement" was the hardest part, but not too bad. Having the display inside the coach proves valuable when you stay at parks that has less than stellar voltage in their electrical systems. Plus if the park is full of larger RV's, the load gets more than they counted on. Seeing the real time voltage and current on both 50A legs is valuable to shed load before the system shuts the whole trailer down.

Jim & Mary Butters, Maggie (furry kiddo)
2013 Redwood 36RL
MorRyde IS, MorRyde Pin Box Goodyear G114 17.5's Titan Disc Brakes, Residential fridge Winegard Travel'r rooftop TST TPMS

2015 Ford F350 KR DRW

Need to Run Wires 5 months 2 days ago #5

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 13

• Redwood/2019/3401
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the responses. It looks like the trim pieces on the ceiling could be held in place using brads. Are the trim pieces the only thing that holds up the ceiling panels ? Right now I don't have access to the trailer to check out the ceiling.

Please keep the help coming,
Al

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.