Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Magnum Error message NO COMM

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #1

We had a thunderstorm go thru a quick power off then back on. We are connected to 50!amp power. AC and everything works except the Magnum Energy shows a Error Message:Fault, No Comm. so with that said we have no inverter power to the residential refrigerator. Third all breakers no help.
Appreciate any suggestions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #2

Checked all breakers no help all seem good.

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #3

try disconnecting the battery and the shore power and leave it off for 15 seconds

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #4

No help, didn’t make a difference. .

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #5

Mark, thank you for your advice. It took a bit, but now everything seems to be reset and working as we would expect. Thanks again for your advice.

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #6

I just got on here and read this issue... What did you do to correct the issue?

Joe

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #7

Joe, I went through the process Mark suggested and it worked. I disconnected from shore power, then disconnected the batteries which took a bit, then rebooked everything up and then everything reset itself. The Magnum error message went away and the refrigerator came back on.
Don’t know if I was just lucky, or that is the needed process. Never had this happen nor read about it on this forum.
But thanks to Mark for his suggestion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ford truck guy

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #8

Glad it was worked out Allen,

It seams as though that is the standard procedure whenever there are issues with the electronics now... Next time, try and throwing the battery disconnect switch instead of actually disconnecting the batteries.

Last Edit: by ford truck guy.

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #9

• Jim and Mary
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank You(s): 63

• “Jim
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
You folks with "newer" Redwoods, did they not provide the inverter with its own battery disconnect? If not, I would strongly recommend that you do. When I replaced my RV fridge with a residential, I bought an inverter and provided it with a battery disconnect just like the main battery disconnect, and also a 200A circuit breaker.

Jim & Mary Butters, Maggie (furry kiddo)
2013 Redwood 36RL
MorRyde IS, MorRyde Pin Box Goodyear G114 17.5's Titan Disc Brakes, Residential fridge Winegard Travel'r rooftop TST TPMS

2015 Ford F350 KR DRW

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #10

Joe, I did try the battery disconnect switch first, but didn’t solve the problem till I took off the battery terminals.

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #11

Typically the factory installed disconnect does not completely disconnect the batteries, there's still several systems that still are powered such LP/CO detector, slide motors, etc.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #12

You are exactly correct Danny. This is another that remains with power that the battery disconnect doesn’t effect.
We learn as we go, Thank you for your response as well.

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #13

I installed a battery shutoff on the ground cable to the batteries and it kills everything

Woody

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #14

That is a great idea Shane. Will look into doing the same. Pain to uncover the batteries. Thanks.

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #15

It was a quick easy fix instead of rewiring the existing switch. Just add another one that shuts off everything. I'm getting lazy in my old age

Woody

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #16

Agreed.

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #17

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 11

• Redwood/2019/3401

TheWehrs wrote: That is a great idea Shane. Will look into doing the same. Pain to uncover the batteries. Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

I found it quit interesting that Redwood put the battery cables thru the battery box lids. At least on my trailer. It would be a whole lot easier for maintenance if the cables did not go thru the lids. Also with the cables going thru the lids there is more of a safety concern. You have a better chance of getting a wrench to cross over the terminals because the lack of room and also seeing the terminals because the lids are in the way. That's just my 2 cents.

Al

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #18

TheWehrs wrote: We had a thunderstorm go thru a quick power off then back on. We are connected to 50!amp power. AC and everything works except the Magnum Energy shows a Error Message:Fault, No Comm. so with that said we have no inverter power to the residential refrigerator. Third all breakers no help.
Appreciate any suggestions

Glad you where able to get it going again. I have had 2 error messages both time it reset and cleared for me . Sorry I should have been more specific , My wife was ready to go out the door and I had to be quick.

Enjoy

Magnum Error message NO COMM 2 months 4 weeks ago #19

Al, I would agree. The cables thru the lid make it difficult to get to the posts. Now that I’ve done it 3-4 times it gets easier each time but still a pain.
I have “Onion Skin” on my hands and have 2-3 marks of blood under my skin from fighting the lids. Oh she’ll next time mAybe gloves. Lol.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.