Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 36RL Water Heater Access

36RL Water Heater Access 2 months 3 weeks ago #1

We have a 2012 36RL and have developed a water leak either in or behind the water heater. The heater is located in the space beneath the stairs going up to the nose. Has anyone got a clue how to access this area? There is no panel to remove or wall opening that I can find and it looks like a choice between cutting an opening in the wall or removing stair treads.
Help,
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Growing older is mandatory,

Growing up is entirely optional.

Remember, it's never too late to have a happy childhood!

36RL Water Heater Access 2 months 3 weeks ago #2

Remove about 2 dozen screws to remove the basement wall, other than pulling the water heater that's the only access.
When putting the wall back staple some industrial Velcro to the panel edges & forget the screws.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

36RL Water Heater Access 2 months 3 weeks ago #3

I was afraid you'd say that. I've had the wall down before to replace a water pump, add a filter and add a whole house regulator. I was hoping for an easier route back there. It looks like I'll just have to squirm my way in.
Thanx,
Jim

Growing older is mandatory,

Growing up is entirely optional.

Remember, it's never too late to have a happy childhood!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.