• Page:

TOPIC: Roof cover for roof fans

Roof cover for roof fans 10 months 4 weeks ago #1

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 11

• Redwood/2019/3401
Hi Everyone,

This there a cover that I could buy to protect my roof fans my the rain or dew ? My other trailer had covers when they where open. On one end it was open so if it was raining I could still use the roof fans. Is there any way I could do the same thing to A Redwood trailer ? If so, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you for any help,
Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Roof cover for roof fans 10 months 4 weeks ago #2

Maxx Air II vent covers.
Attachments:

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!
Last Edit: by Danny and Linda.

Roof cover for roof fans 10 months 4 weeks ago #3

If you are referring to the hallway and bath vents, here are a couple of value caps. Walmart is less expensive than most anyone for this. There is a 14x14 if you have the Ventline fans. The 18x18 is another option. Both colors are available for either. Don't forget your Butyl Tape and Lap Sealant. You'll need to screw the cap down to your roof.

Attachments:

Roof cover for roof fans 10 months 4 weeks ago #4

• mhs4771
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 84

• Redwood/2016/39MB
If you have the MzxxAir Fans, their covers mount without any drilling. Mounts directly to the Fan housing on the roof.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" GY114s w/Disc, 5.5 Onan, Mor/ryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride Hitch, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

Roof cover for roof fans 10 months 4 weeks ago #5

mhs4771 wrote: If you have the MzxxAir Fans, their covers mount without any drilling. Mounts directly to the Fan housing on the roof.

Plus pull 2 pins to open the cover to clean or work on the vent. IMHO worth the difference in price.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Roof cover for roof fans 10 months 3 weeks ago #6

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 403

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
After the fans shut down in rain the first time, we installed the Maxx Air II covers

Andy & Judi, Canines - Kona & Bella
Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
Cruise & RV Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
President - ROG

Roof cover for roof fans 10 months 3 weeks ago #7

I took off my Max Air covers and gave them to my daughter - I installed these (Fan-Tastic Ultra Breeze) which I prefer because they let the lid open farther. More air and less stress on the motor trying to stop before it is open.

They come in white, opaque black and smoke black.

Attachments:

2014 36RL (Sold) - Brad, Dory & Sarah
Last Edit: by atom ant.

Roof cover for roof fans 10 months 3 weeks ago #8

atom ant wrote: I took off my Max Air covers and gave them to my daughter - I installed these (Fan-Tastic Ultra Breeze) which I prefer because they let the lid open farther. More air and less stress on the motor trying to stop before it is open.

They come in white, opaque black and smoke black.

That one sure looks awful tall??? How high does it stick up?

Roof cover for roof fans 10 months 3 weeks ago #9

About "that much" :) I have no idea, you would have to read the specs. It isn't any taller than the Brisk Air ACs on Redwood - mine or low profile Mach 8.

2014 36RL (Sold) - Brad, Dory & Sarah
Last Edit: by atom ant.

Roof cover for roof fans 10 months 3 weeks ago #10

• Toms38GK
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 23

• “Toms38GK’s
  • Redwood/2014/38GK14
I agree with Michelle & Ann and Danny and Linda I installed the Max air with the clips. Easy to take off to clean and higher for the vent cover to raise letting more air volume out or in. The cover that came from the factory will be changed out since it is much smaller and causes the vent cover to go through a series of clicks before it stops running.

Life is great when you can scratch that hitch itch!!!

1999 Volvo VNL 610 12.7 Ltr detroit D-60 series, 10 speed Eaton Transmission (new to us rig)
2003 Ram 3500, The Beast (retired)
2014 Redwood 38GK, The Beast Tamer

Roof cover for roof fans 10 months 3 weeks ago #11

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 11

• Redwood/2019/3401
Hi Everyone,

I want to 'Thank' everyone for there input. I went with the Max Air covers. The nice thing was I didn't need any tools for the install. I also like the idea about pulling the clips for maintenance.

Al

• Page:
Time to create page: 3.758 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.