Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: AC

AC 2 months 2 weeks ago #1

• dave
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 6

• Redwood/2013/38RL
Not sure, but I think I may have to replace my two AC units. Is it possible to get two units with heat pumps. I know the LR AC has one, but what about the bedroom unit. Would you advise me on the possibility of this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dave

AC 2 months 2 weeks ago #2

• mhs4771
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 91

• Redwood/2016/39MB
We have the Heat Pump option on both of our ACs, but we ordered the RW that way. What makes you think you need to replace both units??

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, 5.5 Onan, Mor/ryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride Hitch, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

AC 2 months 2 weeks ago #3

Atom Ant posted that on his unit with 2 heat pumps that only one is tied to the furnace so once the temps drops below 40+/- the furnace kicks in while the 2nd heat pump is blowing cold air so fighting against one another.
Ours only had one heat pump & did a good job warming the whole coach til the temp dropped too low.
Not sure it would be a good financial decision to add heat pumps to both if replacing them as that would also require thermostat change & possibly replacing the wiring to it as well.
Also curious why you feel both acs need replaced.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!
Last Edit: by Danny and Linda.

AC 2 months 2 weeks ago #4

we also only had 1 on our *16* with 2 AC's, and the 2020 that has 3 AC's still only has 1 it is in the bedroom...

They are telling me that the upgraded, fireplace will do the lower portion of the coach...

AC 2 months 2 weeks ago #5

• dave
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 6

• Redwood/2013/38RL
Not sure, the bedroom has not worked since the new roof was installed. I was on the road for 6 weeks so we only had the Living room AC to cool us down. At times it got quite hot. Our last hour the LR stopped working but I didn’t have time to look at it so I am just guessing. I’m thinking the bedroom AC was not hooked back up properly and have no clue on the LR.

Dave

AC 2 months 2 weeks ago #6

dave wrote: Not sure, the bedroom has not worked since the new roof was installed. I was on the road for 6 weeks so we only had the Living room AC to cool us down. At times it got quite hot. Our last hour the LR stopped working but I didn’t have time to look at it so I am just guessing. I’m thinking the bedroom AC was not hooked back up properly and have no clue on the LR.

In that case I'd suspect that you're correct, they didn't connect either correctly after the roof installation, but difficult to troubleshoot without looking at them. Personally I'd contact a mobile rv tech to check them out before replacing.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

AC 2 months 1 week ago #7

• Rob_Fla
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 73

• “Rob_Fla’s
  • Redwood/2014/38FL
We had similar issue, dealer had to remove one of our A/C units during warranty to correct a wire Redwood left under the A/C unit seal and they did not reconnect the wiring correctly.
Took it back to the dealer and they corrected wiring and all is good.

Now one other item that has happened to both our A/C units is the Blower Motor started squealing quite loud on both units within about 6 months of each other.
I replaced the blower motor on the front A/C unit with what I think is a better brand than the Chinese OEM motor (installed a Fasco Brand Motor). The new blower motor worked great then about 6 months later the rear A/C unit started making the same loud squealing noise so replaced it with the same Fasco Brand Motor.
Both A/C units have worked great since.

Robert, Sheryl & Bale (The Wonder Dog)
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114s, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW

AC 2 months 1 week ago #8

• Piperguy
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 107

• Tilda
  • “Piperguy’s
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
Rob - do you happen to have the part number and source for that Fasco motor ? I need to replace one or both of ours.

Vaughan & Tracy and the Critters 2013 Redwood 36RL following a 2013 Ford F350 DRW. MorRyde IS, Kodiak Disc, Comfort Ride Hitch, MorRyde Pinbox, and a bunch more. And coming soon ~ Fred the Focus tagging along behind Tilda the Redwood.

AC 2 months 1 week ago #9

• Rob_Fla
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 73

• “Rob_Fla’s
  • Redwood/2014/38FL

Piperguy wrote: Rob - do you happen to have the part number and source for that Fasco motor ? I need to replace one or both of ours.

Vaughan

Fasco D1092 5.0-Inch OEM Direct Replacement Motor, 1/3 HP, 115 Volts, 1675 RPM, 2 Speed, 3.4 Amps, OAO Enclosure, Double Shaft, Sleeve Bearing

I did not price shop the motor, bought it from Amazon as I needed it fairly quickly.

Robert, Sheryl & Bale (The Wonder Dog)
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114s, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW
Last Edit: by Rob_Fla.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.