jacks stop and start when going up

16 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I know I read this issue somewhere but cannot find it...

When retracting my jacks, they stop and start.. they do go all the way and complete the cycle but not before stopping a few times..

My slides WERE doing it as well, but I checked the fluid and I was 1 quart low so I added it, since then the slides have been fine.

Posted : June 27, 2019 7:47 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I'm not sure if I'm correct in this, so do some research before proceeding. I think I have read where Lippert said to remove a certain amount of fluid from the resivoroir and replace it with motorcycle fork oil.

Posted : June 27, 2019 8:32 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Well, as usual, I was wrong. Looked under the common problems and solutions tab on this site. That fix was for popping noises in the system. I guess you can look at the article and decide if it would work for you though.

Posted : June 27, 2019 8:38 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks,

I was thinking that resolution was for a different issue.... I am thinking possible air pocket, but not sure??

Posted : June 27, 2019 8:41 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Sounds like the breaker issue. I believe the fix was to replace the 50A with an 80A breaker on the buss bar in the battery compartment. Is the pump starting and stopping or is it the jacks and the motor keeps running? If the motor stops and starts the breaker should fix the issue.

Posted : June 27, 2019 9:02 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

the motor stops and starts..

Does anyone have a source for an 80A breaker?

Posted : June 27, 2019 9:17 AM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

The fellow RWer I helped with this got it at AutoZone, if I recall they had to order it, don't recall the brand, model, or price.
His biggest problem was Lippert sold him a $$$$ pump that we replaced 1st, which did the same thing, then suggested the breaker, needless to say he wasn't speaking real highly of them at the time.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : June 27, 2019 11:55 AM
(@Anonymous)

the motor stops and starts..

Does anyone have a source for an 80A breaker?

Hello Joe,

Your trailer is brand new. The dealer needs to repair it under warranty. Are you going to the national rally ? If so, they should fix at the rally. I know my trailer does the same thing as your trailer is doing. I have a work ticket in for the national rally to fix these problems.

Al

Posted : June 27, 2019 1:21 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

not going to rally, not looking to drive the 3 hours to drop the trailer off for them to keep it for a week, then return the following weekend.. It's a 7 hour round trip, with fuel and tolls just to drop it off, then do it all over again the following weekend.......

Smaller, nuisance items I would rather fix myself..

If I could figure out the part # first, I would order it, get it in, then remove the old and replace with new,

Posted : June 27, 2019 4:13 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe. Don’t blame you for not wanting the 7 hr round trip for something small. This type of fuse is what I believe others are using.
https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-CB285-80-Surface-Mount-Circuit-Breakers/dp/B01G5WHQTY/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=80+amp+circuit+breaker+12v&qid=1561666647&s=gateway&sprefix=80+amp&sr=8-4

You will have to make a short wire lead of a significant gauge with large ring terminals and mount it close to the charger bar where the power connections are. Should be a no brained. Several other brands out there. Bussmann is a well known brand.

Posted : June 27, 2019 4:23 PM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

Joe. Don’t blame you for not wanting the 7 hr round trip for something small. This type of fuse is what I believe others are using.
https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-CB285-80-Surface-Mount-Circuit-Breakers/dp/B01G5WHQTY/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=80+amp+circuit+breaker+12v&qid=1561666647&s=gateway&sprefix=80+amp&sr=8-4

You will have to make a short wire lead of a significant gauge with large ring terminals and mount it close to the charger bar where the power connections are. Should be a no brained. Several other brands out there. Bussmann is a well known brand.

That's exactly the one my freind got from AutoZone I mentioned earlier.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : June 27, 2019 5:53 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Couple years ago at the Rally, we had Lippert stop over as we were have Leveling issues. The very first thing they did was install the 80 Manual Reset Breaker before they even started trouble shooting our issue.

Posted : June 27, 2019 9:15 PM
(@Anonymous)

not going to rally, not looking to drive the 3 hours to drop the trailer off for them to keep it for a week, then return the following weekend.. It's a 7 hour round trip, with fuel and tolls just to drop it off, then do it all over again the following weekend.......

Smaller, nuisance items I would rather fix myself..

If I could figure out the part # first, I would order it, get it in, then remove the old and replace with new,

Hi Joe,

I can understand about dropping off your trailer at the dealership. For me to get to the selling dealership of my trailer is about the same kind of trip for me. I wish you the best in your repairs. Do you think that you will need to remove the batteries to get you more room to work in ? I would be interested in seeing a picture of where the breakers are located.

Be save around the batteries,
Al

Posted : June 28, 2019 8:12 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I am leaving today for a week, so I was able to get an 80 amp breaker like listed above and will take it with me.

I still have to look at it to figure out how to do it.. I do not mess with electric at all and wires very little if at all...

Anything with current running in it concerns me because of my pacemaker..

at a quick look, there was a wire hooked onto the bottom lug, and a wire hooked to the top lug.. I quess I would have to relocate BOTH of those wires??

Posted : June 28, 2019 8:19 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe, you'll probably have to enlarge the Ring on the end of the wires as the replacement breaker's studs are a size larger.

Posted : June 28, 2019 11:03 AM
Page 1 / 2
Share: