16 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
KenA
 KenA
(@kena)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

So there isn't a category of funny factory stories so I'll post this here in owner mods.

In the process of recovering the window valances in our 2015 - 38FL we uncovered where someone signed their name with a staple gun.

Had to smile at this. 🙂

Ken & Gizzi
Ford 2015 F350 DRW
--
"My Redwood; Go anywhere and always be at home."
"The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun"

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been" - Wayne Gretzky

Posted : September 30, 2018 11:43 PM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

I've thought after looking at the big gobs of sealant on the joints of my roof that those folks must get paid by the tube, by the foot for wire looking behind the basement wall & after seeing that maybe paid by the staple as well.
I'm assuming you've painted them as mine are just raw OSB, splinters & all.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : October 1, 2018 12:24 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Ken, Not sure if the valances were made in house or bought from an outside vendor. I am sure the Plant or purchasing agent would know that was there when your unit was built. There are many companies that strictly manufacture goods for the RV industry.

Chris

Posted : October 1, 2018 6:30 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

x

Posted : October 1, 2018 6:51 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Recovering the valances is one of my goals. Please post pics when you complete them. Also, helpful hints are always welcome. Thanks for taking the time to share that smile-worthy find.

Posted : October 1, 2018 8:16 PM
(@Anonymous)

I would hate to think this got by ANYONE's QC program.

How much time was wasted on this "stunt"?

The company now has this name. I wonder what they did? Probably nothing as usual...Poor quality continues...

Hi Everyone,

My thought is just another example of lack of pride in workmanship. Maybe the Japanese need to make RV's and force the RV industry to clean up there act. Something like what happened in the auto industry.

Just my thoughts,
Al

Posted : October 2, 2018 8:36 AM
(@Anonymous)

Ah, it's just kind of funny really - no harm, no foul! Not in 500 units would that ever have been found. You should send a pic to the factory so he could get a smile - like signing a dollar bill to see if it ever comes back.

Posted : October 2, 2018 10:58 AM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

I agree with Brad!
With a pneumatic stapler "Rosario" wasted about 15 seconds & .02 cents worth of staples.
Also if there's one of us that never took an extended coffee break, stopped at bank when suppose to be working or slipped away early for some reason, then you are definitely the employee of the forum, CONGRATULATIONS!
As for foreign rvs, Thor just acquired Hymer motorhomes, so your wait is about over.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : October 2, 2018 11:57 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

x

Posted : October 2, 2018 5:28 PM
KenA
 KenA
(@kena)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Yes we recovered them with material that matches better to the color we painted the walls and ceilings of the slides.

Best things I can offer (a) get a proper staple remover (b) make sure to be careful with the material you take off to use the old as a template to cut the new (c) take pictures as you unfold so you can use them to fold the new coverings in place the same way.

Here's what they look like now.

Ken & Gizzi
Ford 2015 F350 DRW
--
"My Redwood; Go anywhere and always be at home."
"The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun"

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been" - Wayne Gretzky

Posted : October 2, 2018 5:57 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

That looks Fantastic Ken....

Nice work

Joe

Posted : October 2, 2018 8:12 PM
(@Anonymous)

Looks Great, so the real question is, does the valance now say KEN in the back 🙂

Posted : October 2, 2018 8:14 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Nice job Ken!
We found while removing the old valance material that the workers must have been paid by the staple! My gosh... we spent more time taking out staples than anything else. Worth the effort though, for a custom look.

BTW... ours was not autographed. 😆

Posted : October 3, 2018 12:18 AM
(@Anonymous)

Hi Ken,

Very nice look. Please keep us updated on any remodeling projects. B)

Al

Posted : October 3, 2018 10:31 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

That is an amazing job! Did you remove all of the covering or just the material above the cording? In the pic, I just couldn’t tell if the cording and solid material were original or part of your new update. Again, that’s very well done!

Posted : October 3, 2018 8:21 PM
Page 1 / 2
Share: