ROG Publishes The Technical Library

17 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

The ROG has developed a Technical Committee comprising a number of Redwood owners that have been busily identifying a number of common problems and solutions.

A number of these solutions are now posted in the "Technical Library", which is a new menu structure located in the "Resources" menu. We will continue developing the Technical Library, to what I consider will be a valuable resource for our fellow Redwood owners.

Please review and provide feedback on both what you like, but more importantly on how we can improve the usability or content. I note we are currently working on an improved drop down menu format that will be trialed in the not too distant future.

At this time I have opened this entire menu structure for everyone who is registered. On, or about April 1st, we will commence implementing access based on membership status.

Posted : March 13, 2016 2:03 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

That's a great idea, we all stand to benifit from this....

Posted : March 13, 2016 11:51 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks Joe - another solution added this morning

Posted : March 13, 2016 12:04 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

New content uploaded to the Technical Library. This morning I uploaded the LCI Electric Brakes Owner & Service Manual.

Thanks to our Technical Committee Chairman, NW Snowbirds for providing the content.

Located at Technical Library/Manuals/Outside Coach/Suspension, Axles.........

Posted : August 23, 2016 7:13 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks to Gypsy Traveler for finding it. Now it is indexed for easy finding in the library.

Posted : August 23, 2016 3:22 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Great job everyone

Posted : August 23, 2016 7:34 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

This morning I have added the contact details for an RV shower door supplier to the Technical Library, in the Supplier Links folder.

Posted : August 27, 2016 7:32 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I have created a new folder in the Technical Library, the "Insulation" folder was created in Common Problems & Solutions/Inside the Coach.

This morning I uploaded our latest solution, which includes improving the front cap insulation and reduces/eliminates air flow through the gaps created by the pin box.

Posted : August 29, 2016 7:18 AM
(@Anonymous)

The links in the technical library don't work.

Posted : November 14, 2017 12:52 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Work on my computer. Are you a paid in member?

Posted : November 14, 2017 1:38 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

The links in the technical library don't work.

John - can you please advise which links you found do not work, as some content may be linked to external content, which has moved.

I just tried a few of the menu links and similar to Terry, found they worked OK.

Posted : November 14, 2017 5:19 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

What a great reference collection! Thanks for all your hard work. My only comment is that the Technical Library/Common Problems and Solutions link doesn't point to the same top level page as the Common Problems and Solutions in the side bar. I didn't initially realize that you had set up the Interior and Exterior sub-pages. They really help sort out the topics. Also just a nit....the disclaimer link and titles are misspelled.

I apologize, I now see the sub-categories links on the Technical Library/Common Problems and Solutions path page. It just doesn't take you to the same top level page as the side bar link. I kept just looking past the pictures as I browsed all the pages. Thanks again!

Posted : November 15, 2017 7:25 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks for picking up the spelling error, which I have fixed.

I'm one of the first to acknowledge the Technical Library menu needs some polish. Without any prior web design experience or knowledge of the software, with a little help from Ken, I taught myself how develop a very basic menu. While plenty of help is available on-line, unfortunately I found it to be written in a foreign language.

I spent many days of trial and error trying to improve it, but to no avail. It's definitely a goal to fix this menu and develop other resources, but we need help to complete these projects.

If anybody knows Joomla and is interested in helping on the website, please send a note to Brad Paul or myself.

Posted : November 15, 2017 8:36 PM
(@Anonymous)

That library is so helpful. Great idea guys

Posted : November 23, 2017 3:06 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

This afternoon, I have uploaded another 3 documents to the Technical Library:

- Common Problems & Solutions - Fixing Fwd Bulkhead insulation on FL models
- Inverter manual
- Schwintek inwall slide manual