Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Owner12 36 fb

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 8 months ago #1

• stealth1
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 0

Bought a 2012 Redwood yesterday and have a couple of questions. The dealer wasn`t a Redwood dealer so he couldn`t answer for me. What is the number for the 2 bulbs above the center island and what is the stand alone thermostat that is located above the heating and cooling thermostat in the lower level. Thanks Tim
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 8 months ago #2

• Rtimesoon
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 52
Congratulations on your new to you Redwood. The light above the kitchen island on our 2012 36RL doesn't look anything like yours. Bulbs usually can be removed by pushing up in and then turning counterclockwise. Most bulbs have the number stamped on them.
Not sure about other thermostat. Near our thermostat is the control for ceiling exhaust fan. We can open / close. Speed up or down. Even change direction of fan to draw in outside air. Also has a setting to cool to a desired temperature. Maybe that is what you are talking about.

Chris

Chris & Maria

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's.
2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 8 months ago #3

• almcc
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 136
Yes, sounds like the Maxx Air fan located in the main area, ours is above the island in the kitchen area.

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 8 months ago #4

Tim
Congrats and welcome to the group. Can you add the model to your signature as it helps a lot with these questions.Nice setup you have

Woody

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 8 months ago #5

• nw snowbirds
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 86

• “nw
  • Redwood/2012/31sl
The thermostat controls the fantastic fan in the kitchen ceiling.

2012 RW31SL chasing 2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax 4WD SRW

North Left Coast, WA

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 8 months ago #6

• stealth1
  • NOW OFFLINE
My problem with the bulbs is there isn`t any in there to get the number off of

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 8 months ago #7

• Rtimesoon
  • NOW OFFLINE
OK, I see your problem. Can you tell if it a screw in candelabra type base, or is like automotive type push in and slight turn to lock? Then need to know if the center contact is a single or a double. They do make too many kinds of bulbs. Sometimes the manufacturers do place a small clear sticker inside the globe stating what type/ kind of bulb to use. Since our light is totally different I can't help much more than that, Sorry

Chris

Chris & Maria

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's.

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 8 months ago #8

• Paul Bridges
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 97

• “Paul
  • Redwood/2015/38RL
The bulbs are 1142s. 1004s will also work. We found them at a NAPA auto parts store.

Paul & Tracy Bridges
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 KR CC LB DRW 6.7L PSD
1924 Ford Model T
1958 Rainbow TT by Edwards ( 1958rainbow.blogspot.com )
Last Edit: by Iceman1777. Reason: To include the 1004 option.

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 8 months ago #9

• Paul Bridges
  • NOW OFFLINE

• “Paul
  • Redwood/2015/38RL
I may have jumped the gun because your pendant lights are different than my 3-bulb fixture, but the bulbs referenced are twist-type automotive bulbs with double contacts.

Congratulations on your new rig - it's beautiful!

Paul & Tracy Bridges
2015 Redwood 38RL
1924 Ford Model T

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 8 months ago #10

Mine are different also & are single contact.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 8 months ago #11

• stealth1
  • NOW OFFLINE
`yes they are automotive type with double contacts. Thanks so much Tim

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 8 months ago #12

• Paul Bridges
  • NOW OFFLINE

• “Paul
  • Redwood/2015/38RL
Then the 1003 or 1142 bulb should work. 1003 has a smaller globe and for some reason I like them better.

Paul & Tracy Bridges
2015 Redwood 38RL
1924 Ford Model T

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 7 months ago #13

• Rtimesoon
  • NOW OFFLINE
Finally took some pictures of our lights over the kitchen island. We had white round incandescent bulbs, but changed them to LED's when we changed all the other interior lights. Especially didn't like the heat from the hot Halogens in the ceiling. Couldn't find a number on the bulbs we took out, other than they were stamped 12v/12 watt on the metal base. The led's look strange but put out a lot more light. Our Redwood is a 2012 36RL. I am sure that Redwood used many different light fixtures since then.

Chris

Attachments:

Chris & Maria

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 7 months ago #14

• Piperguy
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 107

• Tilda
  • “Piperguy’s
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
I changed all of our bulbs to LED last winter. Tremendous difference in current draw. Hardly ever hear the fan from the Converter coming on anymore.

Vaughan & Tracy and the Critters 2013 Redwood 36RL following a 2013 Ford F350 DRW. MorRyde IS, Kodiak Disc, Comfort Ride Hitch, MorRyde Pinbox, and a bunch more. And coming soon ~ Fred the Focus tagging along behind Tilda the Redwood.

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 7 months ago #15

I have changed out all of mine to LED also. I don't ever remember my converter fan ever come on.

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 7 months ago #16

I don't know what I'm doing different, but I've tried Leds in the sconces over the couch & over the head of the bed, tried expensive & cheap leds & they didn't last near as long as the halogens. I've only replaced 3 halogen bulbs in almost 4 years, we don't boondock, so I quit spending $$ on leds.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 7 months ago #17

• hoosierguy
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 15

Danny and Linda wrote: I don't know what I'm doing different, but I've tried Leds in the sconces over the couch & over the head of the bed, tried expensive & cheap leds & they didn't last near as long as the halogens. I've only replaced 3 halogen bulbs in almost 4 years, we don't boondock, so I quit spending $$ on leds.

Danny......FWIW.....Over the past 3 years, I have replaced nearly all of the halogens and incandescent lamps with LED lamps from M4Products. I've only had one LED fail. Prior to that, during the previous 2 years, I was replacing halogens every few weeks it seemed.

Guy

Guy & Phyllis
2012 Redwood 36RL, DualA/C, KodiakDiskBrakes,TrailAir Tri-Glide, GY_G614's,Mor/RydeSRE4000,HDShackles
2011Dodge3500Laramie, CrewCab,4x4, SRW, Michelins, LongBed, 6.7LCTD, 3.73, PullRiteSuper5th20.5KHitch, BlueOxBedsaver

New Owner12 36 fb 2 years 7 months ago #18

Guy,
I ordered the led tail/stop lights from there along with the sconces over the couch, the tail lights have been flawless & very bright,but the sconce bulbs lasted about 60 days before the majority of the little squares were out? The ones over the bed were bought at Camping World (could've bought the 2 fixtures or 10 cheaper) are still working with the majority of the little squares out.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 4.448 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.