Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: RV-Armor Roof

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #1

We have been researching armor roof companies since we started having issues with our roof over a year ago. Finally got our RV-Armor roof installed. We are so impressed with this product and the company, we are going to move forward and start installing the product for other RVers. We have heard some owners got Redwood to pay for an RV-Armor.com roof with their warranty. We were not in that group. Either way... we are thrilled with our new roof. We were very impressed with the customer service focus and importance of great workmanship.

Finally we are not concerned about a leak or having our roof fly off (which were both very real possibilities for us). We had put a temporary fix on the roof so we protected our roof until we could get a more permanent replacement. The installer had to replace some screws and pull off the roofing material on the front 5 feet of the roof. They came ready to replace the wood roof decking, but the repair tape had prevented any wood damage.

This has been a long stressful journey for us. It is exciting to have a great end to the story.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

George & Lisa
Last Edit: by PricelessRVAdventures. Reason: insert pics

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #2

Glad to hear you solved the roof issue. I will probably do the same with mine

Woody

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #3

x

Last Edit: by GipCTravelers.

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #4

Greg,
In the end, we are reminding ourselves we won! We ended up with a better roof. Wish RW had done the right thing. Hal (RV-Armor) said it is a hard warranty fight, but one that some have won.

You have had an uphill warranty battle with every issue.

We went with 3 pages of questions, they were very consistent and thorough with the answers.

They say Lifetime Warranty... and mean it.

George & Lisa

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #5

• Rob_Fla
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 65

• “Rob_Fla’s
  • Redwood/2014/38FL
Looks similar to my Roof issue too !!!

Attachments:

Robert, Sheryl & Bale (The Wonder Dog)
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114s, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #6

• Char+Steve
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 53

• “Char+Steve’s
  • Redwood/2014/36FL
George,
What was Redwoods final words on why they would not cover this? I understand it may not fall under the structural but it's completely obvious that it is a installation failure unless I am missing something.

Steve

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #7

x

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #8

x

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #9

Char+Steve wrote: George,
What was Redwoods final words on why they would not cover this? I understand it may not fall under the structural but it's completely obvious that it is a installation failure unless I am missing something.

Steve

They held the line that it wasn't structural, so it was our problem. We had contacted them before the 2 year warranty ran out, they said they would stand behind it if after taking it to an approved service tech they determined it was Redwood issue. RW tech (shop in Arizona) confirmed we needed a new roof and also needed to "fix screws" in the slide roof. Even with that recommendation, RW said "NO". In the final discussion with RW they held firm to it was our fault! That is why they totally rejected any warranty claim. They said We should have seen it and done the appropriate repair and maintenance. RW service center in Indiana had worked on it before the 2015 Rally, and we had talked to them twice after that about the roof. Not sure how much more reporting we could have done with them.

In the end after multiple conversations with RW they would not move from:
1. It was a maintenance issue and therefore our fault
2. It was not a structure problem, installation error was irrelevant.

I am hearing good things about the current management & Service team. I am keeping an open mind, hoping if this had come across their desks a year ago; they would have approved it.

George & Lisa

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #10

Greg,
We should definitely talk. It has been a while since there was a product and company that I was this impressed with. All of our questions were thoroughly answered.

We have worked with a couple of great vendors this year:
1. RV-Armor Roof
2. Titan Guy for our disk brakes

George & Lisa

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #11

• usaf1949
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 59
Had the RV Armor Roof installed last month. Nothing was wrong with the roof, just thought it would protect the rig better....and the warranty didn’t hurt any either. We had the "tan" color installed.

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #12

usaf1949 wrote: Had the RV Armor Roof installed last month. Nothing was wrong with the roof, just thought it would protect the rig better....and the warranty didn’t hurt any either. We had the "tan" color installed.

I would love to see a picture of the tan against the RW. The grey was a nice accent to our tan and burgundy. Are you going to be at the Rally in Indiana?

George & Lisa

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #13

x

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #14

GipCTravelers wrote: Is white available? I would like as bright a white as possible for heat reflectivity. I can always paint the edges back to the original colors.

Yes, white is available. Colors are White, Grey and Tan. I will keep you posted if there are any changes.

There is a another 5th wheel parked near us that had an RV-Armor roof installed a couple years ago. He said it has really helped with the Florida heat and also has helped with rain noise. I will let you know what our experience is with that.

George & Lisa

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #15

• Rob_Fla
  • NOW OFFLINE

• “Rob_Fla’s
  • Redwood/2014/38FL

GipCTravelers wrote:

Rob_Fla wrote: Looks similar to my Roof issue too !!!

Rob! You covered your roof vent?! Did you cover both? You'll need some air or you might trap moisture. That could be a bigger problem.

I covered it because the mushroom cap on the vent was torn off when the Roof Membrane came loose.
I wanted to keep the rain out while I worked on a solution to the roof problem.
It took a few weeks to get all quotes, approvals and someone scheduled onsite to complete the RV Armor installation.
Redwood shipped me a new Roof Vent assembly to install when the RV Armor Roof work was done.

2014 Redwood 38FL
2018 RAM 3500 DRW

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #16

• Rob_Fla
  • NOW OFFLINE

• “Rob_Fla’s
  • Redwood/2014/38FL

GipCTravelers wrote: Is white available? I would like as bright a white as possible for heat reflectivity. I can always paint the edges back to the original colors.

I had my RV Armor installation done with White Color on the center part of the roof and they did the Tan Color on the Wrap sides only.
Looks much better from the ground looking up as my coach is the Burgundy and Tan color and still have all white on the top of the roof that is not seen from the ground.

2014 Redwood 38FL
2018 RAM 3500 DRW

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #17

• Buan-Lester
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 9

• Redwood/2014/38GK
WWW.SAVAGELAW.US is looking for people with warranty repair issues. (law firm of Savage Villoch Law, PLLC is wanting to interview RV owners who have experienced problems getting their RVs fixed under warranty according to RV DAILY REPORT.

This came from RV TRAVEL News, Information& Advice for RVs 09/28/2016.

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #18

Looks like the ambulance chasers are alive and well

Woody

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #19

Had ours for a couple of years, outstanding product.

John Moors

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #20

Buan-Lester wrote: WWW.SAVAGELAW.US is looking for people with warranty repair issues. (law firm of Savage Villoch Law, PLLC is wanting to interview RV owners who have experienced problems getting their RVs fixed under warranty according to RV DAILY REPORT.

I may be frustrated, but we have fixed them. I am not sure what would need to happen for us to go that direction. We have had significant issues, but we have taken care of them. I am holding onto the joy of life today. Often the attorney is the only one that wins in those cases.

George & Lisa

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #21

Buan-Lester wrote: WWW.SAVAGELAW.US is looking for people with warranty repair issues. (law firm of Savage Villoch Law, PLLC is wanting to interview RV owners who have experienced problems getting their RVs fixed under warranty according to RV DAILY REPORT.

If you think this in any would change a thing in the rv industry other than drive the prices even higher, I'm 99.9999% sure they could care less about some fly by night ambulance chaser that's going to get more out of than you.
These law firms MUST be really hard up to advertise now in rv publications as well as tv ads for using talcum powder on your tushy. I wonder if the baby powder does'nt work on my slide seals can I get a lawyer to represent me.

Travelin' Texans
Full timers since 2008
2013 FB Black & Tan (FOR SALE)
2013 GMC Denali 3500 DRW
Last Edit: by Danny and Linda.

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #22

I'm curios, how do they handle installation challenges like existing solar panels and satellite dishes?

Ken & Gizzi
Ford 2015 F350 DRW
--
"My Redwood; Go anywhere and always be at home."
"The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun"

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been" - Wayne Gretzky

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #23

Ken they removed all AC units, covers and applied the coating up and over the mounting cowlings. For satellites and antennas they applied the coating up and over the mounting bases sealing the units to the roof. We had to have a magic jack antenna replaced and they cut out the coating, replaced the antenna and re-applied the coating, it was just like new condition when finished. We have no issues with our roof and we have had it for almost 3 years.

John Moors

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #24

KenA wrote: I'm curios, how do they handle installation challenges like existing solar panels and satellite dishes?

They do not remove items on the roof unless necessary. (Except A/C cover.) We added extra reinforcements to our dish and antenna. Because our skylight was cracked, we removed it and reinstalled another. Solar panels are either tilted up or removed to allow us access to coat underneath. If you decide to go this direction, make sure to tell them ahead of time about the solar panels.

George & Lisa

RV-Armor Roof 1 year 9 months ago #25

• Buan-Lester
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 9

• Redwood/2014/38GK
Shane a very good comment.
Remember what the people said about Ralph Nader (in case you are too young to remember) he started the automobile recalls and safety updated with only a simple statement and a lawyer. He was unhappy with the lose of lives in a Covair.
He stood up and voiced his opinion and got action started that made the automobile industry stand on their heads, Maybe those that are having 6k up in repairs, axles replaced, disk brakes may be on to something and this AMBULANCE CHASHER might be the person they need to be interviewed by.

NOT condemning you but just adding to your comment. MY view and you have the right to yours.

• Page:
Time to create page: 3.223 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!

Main Menu