Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MORRyde sliding cargo tray mounting

MORRyde sliding cargo tray mounting 1 year 7 months ago #1

Any members have any experience mounting the morryde sliding cargo tray in a 36FL ?? I looked at the drawings copied out of the member library and it looks like on this model the fresh water tank is right below the cargo area.. Screwing into that would not be a good thing !!!! I had to pull the wall at the back of the cargo compartment a few weeks back to change a broken water check valve. Maybe I can pull the wall out again look below and see how close the tank is to the cargo floor. Looks like there are no LP gas or water runs in that area though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MORRyde sliding cargo tray mounting 1 year 7 months ago #2

IIRC there is 5/8-3/4" plywood on top of 2" framing on top of the frame so there is at least 2" between the floor & tanks, this from memory from the factory tour. Should be able to look behind the basement wall as mine has a 4" hole cut for a 1/2" line to the water pump.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank and Susan

Travelin' Texans
Full timers since 2008
2013 FB Black & Tan (FOR SALE)
2013 GMC Denali 3500 DRW

MORRyde sliding cargo tray mounting 1 year 7 months ago #3

• Char+Steve
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 53

• “Char+Steve’s
  • Redwood/2014/36FL
I've had ours apart and it is 5/8" + exactly what Danny said. If any concern you have aluminum square tube on both sides at the bottom and you could anchor a 2x stock to them and mount to those. This is on my list for this year at some point. If you get it done soon please post a picture. As all of us that own the FL's we are so limited on basement storage I always re think my purchase but we love it except the basement storage.

Steve

MORRyde sliding cargo tray mounting 1 year 7 months ago #4

• Rex
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 5

• Redwood/2015/36RL
Frank, I have a '15 36rl. I assume the basement floor would be the same. A few weeks ago, I installed a MorRyde 26"X 90" tray. I used stacked 1 X 3's. If doing again, I'd use stacked 1 X 2's. I used 1 1/2" wood screws to fasten the first set of 1 X's and the same screw type for the ones stacked on top. For the MorRyde rails, I used 8 2" pan head screws - # 12 I think.
By the way, I have another brand new 26 X 90 tray that I ended up with by way of massive Amazon and UPS screw ups. If anyone is passing through Nor Cal SF or Sac area, I'll make you a fantastic deal!
...rex

Rex and Susan Edmiston, California Central Valley. 2015 36RL, 2012 6.7 Diesel F350 Long bed Lariat dually crew cab

MORRyde sliding cargo tray mounting 1 year 7 months ago #5

They are no where near the same storage area, the FL has about 1/2 the basement as your RL.

Travelin' Texans
Full timers since 2008
2013 GMC Denali 3500 DRW

MORRyde sliding cargo tray mounting 1 year 7 months ago #6

• Rex
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 5

• Redwood/2015/36RL
Danny, I was referring to the thickness of the basement floor - that I would think would be the same regardless of being RL or FL.
...rex

Rex and Susan Edmiston, California Central Valley. 2015 36RL, 2012 6.7 Diesel F350 Long bed Lariat dually crew cab

MORRyde sliding cargo tray mounting 1 year 7 months ago #7

Sorry miss understood! Yes they should be the same.

Travelin' Texans
Full timers since 2008
2013 GMC Denali 3500 DRW
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!

Main Menu