Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Extended Warranties?

Extended Warranties? 1 year 3 months ago #1

Thank you for all the great advice on features to include with our new Redwood. It is on order ! Another question for you - what are your thoughts on extended warranties? are there any firms better than others? Your guidance is truly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Extended Warranties? 1 year 3 months ago #2

Read the fine print VERY carefully, some have a list of inclusions 2-3 lines long & a list of exclusions 2-3 pages long.
Personally I'd put the money in the bank under a "what if" account & wait til at least the factory warranty ran out, you can purchase them any time, but at the time of sale the dealer is getting a very healthy commission to rush you into it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wsennis

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Extended Warranties? 1 year 3 months ago #3

• retire2rv
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 1
I have one and it paid for itself with 2 slide repairs last month. One was a motor in the bedroom and other was the slide inside bedroom slide

Extended Warranties? 1 year 3 months ago #4

• Char+Steve
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 54

• “Char+Steve’s
  • Redwood/2014/36FL
I think Atom Ant said it first on one of the sites but I fully agree.You will have most all the major repairs / bugs worked out under the Redwood warrentee.
Just set up a seperate savings account and put in what you are comfortable with each month for futrer repairs and maintenece. Just my opinion.... I did have an extended on our previous MH and I only got back about 1/4 of what we paid in.

Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: wsennis

Extended Warranties? 1 year 3 months ago #5

Great advice, thank you so very much

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.751 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.