Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New MoRRyde IS, Disc Brakesand Pin Box Install Completed

New MoRRyde IS, Disc Brakesand Pin Box Install Completed 4 months 3 days ago #1

After returned home after upgrading our RW to the MorRyde IS, Disc Brakes and Pin Box, Kim and I must say "What a pleasant red home on our beautiful Indiana Roads. It was a totally different experience!!!
Thanks to everyone We talked to and the many posts from former converts for guidance in the right direction. It was a big investment, but just the ride and "piece of mind" while driving was wonderful.
The hospitality and professionalism of MorRyde company and employees was a welcome experience.
Looking forward to out next trip in a few weeks.
Again thanks to the ROG members for sharing.
,Allen and Kim, and of course Yogi!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PricelessRVAdventures

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New MoRRyde IS, Disc Brakesand Pin Box Install Completed 4 months 14 hours ago #2

• Rob_Fla
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 65

• “Rob_Fla’s
  • Redwood/2014/38FL
We did the same upgrade at MorRyde a couple of years ago, it was a substantial investment but well worth it. I agree MorRyde is a great company with a great product.

Robert, Sheryl & Bale (The Wonder Dog)
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114s, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW

New MoRRyde IS, Disc Brakesand Pin Box Install Completed 4 months 6 hours ago #3

Thank so for your reply Rob, sometimes after a move like this one affirmation from others that have gone down that road is nice to hear.

New MoRRyde IS, Disc Brakesand Pin Box Install Completed 4 months 4 hours ago #4

We had heard about the difference, but for me--it has been night and day. I am excited for you guys. I am also convinced it will extend the life of our RW, because the wear and tear on the frame should be less.

George & Lisa

New MoRRyde IS, Disc Brakesand Pin Box Install Completed 3 months 4 weeks ago #5

Totally agree Lisa and George, getting ready to go full time like so many of the members have done, thought this was needed first.
Thanks for all you do and safe travels till we meet up again at the Rally.

New MoRRyde IS, Disc Brakesand Pin Box Install Completed 3 months 4 weeks ago #6

It was a huge expense for us to make the upgrades...IS, pinbox, and disc brakes. However, the piece of mind is priceless as we travel down the highway!

Bob and Debbie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob_Fla, TheWehrs

New MoRRyde IS, Disc Brakesand Pin Box Install Completed 3 months 3 weeks ago #7

• Piperguy
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 102

• Tilda
  • “Piperguy’s
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
We did ours five years ago. The coach since has been across the country twice, up and down the east coast numerous times and we are now in Arizona and will be coming across the southern states and up the east coast in the fall. Then back out to Arizona.

Over 42k miles of smoother riding, better handling and braking and zero suspension concerns. Dont regret at all the expense and we are back every year as we go through Indiana to have them check and do the yearly maintenance.

Enjoy your "new" coach !

Vaughan & Tracy and the Critters 2013 Redwood 36RL following a 2013 Ford F350 DRW. MorRyde IS, Kodiak Disc, Comfort Ride Hitch, MorRyde Pinbox, and a bunch more. And coming soon ~ Fred the Focus tagging along behind Tilda the Redwood.

New MoRRyde IS, Disc Brakesand Pin Box Install Completed 3 months 3 weeks ago #8

Wow, Vaughn, now that is a testimony for upgrading a coach!! Thanks for sharing.
Kim and I are looking forward to many more miles and years of comfort as we tour our great country. It is so nice to have others share their experiences, it makes us feel we made the right decision.
Headed north to Wisconsin this week for family reunion, more interstate driving than coming home from Elkhart, so we will get a much better chance to "feel" the difference.
Thanks for sharing. Happy and Safe Trails to you both.
A & K

New MoRRyde IS, Disc Brakesand Pin Box Install Completed 1 month 1 day ago #9

We have a 2013 36RL and we are also considering the upgrade - my concern is the trailer is 5 years old and wonder if it is foolish to put this much money into an older unit. We bought the trailer used in March 2017 from a couple who were full-time and we are also full-time. So, lots of use on the this trailer.

Last Edit: by 2013Herbst.

New MoRRyde IS, Disc Brakesand Pin Box Install Completed 1 month 1 day ago #10

Speaking of the IS system, today my good friend & fellow RW owner Roland (Rollie & Laurie) installed a suspension greasing system to his RW. Those that have the system are aware there are only 4 grease zerks to grease but you have completely crawl under to get to them. Roland purchased 4 various length hoses with ends, fittings & a manifold for approximately $150 from a local custom hose shop & we installed the system today, great idea, simple install, kneel next to the entry steps to grease all 4, something I think MorRyde should offer as an option to their system.
See finished pics below,
Attachments:

Travelin' Texans
Full timers since 2008
2013 FB Black & Tan (FOR SALE)
2013 GMC Denali 3500 DRW

New MoRRyde IS, Disc Brakesand Pin Box Install Completed 1 month 1 day ago #11

• Piperguy
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 102

• Tilda
  • “Piperguy’s
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
I like it !! Would he by chance have a materials list he could post ?

Vaughan & Tracy and the Critters 2013 Redwood 36RL following a 2013 Ford F350 DRW. MorRyde IS, Kodiak Disc, Comfort Ride Hitch, MorRyde Pinbox, and a bunch more. And coming soon ~ Fred the Focus tagging along behind Tilda the Redwood.

New MoRRyde IS, Disc Brakesand Pin Box Install Completed 1 month 1 day ago #12

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 370

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL

2013Herbst wrote: We have a 2013 36RL and we are also considering the upgrade - my concern is the trailer is 5 years old and wonder if it is foolish to put this much money into an older unit. We bought the trailer used in March 2017 from a couple who were full-time and we are also full-time. So, lots of use on the this trailer.

We also have a 2013 and would have no problems investing that money. The only original equipment remaining on our coach is the pin box.

Andy & Judi, Canines - Kona & Bella
Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
Cruise & RV Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
President - ROG

New MoRRyde IS, Disc Brakesand Pin Box Install Completed 1 month 1 day ago #13

Piperguy wrote: I like it !! Would he by chance have a materials list he could post ?

I'll check with him, he's parked in the next site.

Parts list & source.
Hope you can read them OK?
This is all the grease fittings & hoses, you'll need aluminum angle & mounting bolts.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shane Wood

Travelin' Texans
Full timers since 2008
2013 FB Black & Tan (FOR SALE)
2013 GMC Denali 3500 DRW
Last Edit: by Danny and Linda.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!

Main Menu