Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: slide out toppers

slide out toppers 7 months 2 weeks ago #26

Yes Joe! On mine I chose (as per Utube video) to widen the fabric groove on the roller tube with a 5/8" drill bit, unroll the fabric, clamp the tube with a vise grip filter wrench, remove screws from the rain gutter holding the fabric, slide fabric out, gave the roller a couple extra turns & reclamped, slid on new fabric, square it up, replace screws, & while gripping the roller release vise grip & slowly allow roller to roll up.
Guy ,Hoosier guy, did his by taking the ends apart I think & retightened somehow that way, maybe he will chime in on how without removing the fabric.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ford truck guy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Travelin' Texans
Full timers since 2008
2013 FB Black & Tan (FOR SALE)
2013 GMC Denali 3500 DRW

slide out toppers 7 months 1 week ago #27

Danny and Linda wrote: To my knowledge there are only 2 brands, Carefree which is what RW uses & Dometic. I've been watching & studying the 2 brands & I think if I didn't have them already I'd go with the Dometic, the fabric appears to stay tightened better after a while than my Carefree are/were, just my observation. As far as installtion, with some help & a couple ladders it doesn't look too difficult.

Oh but of course LIPPERT had to get into the awning and slide topper game :) Solera by Lippert!

2014 36RL (Sold) - Brad, Dory & Sarah

slide out toppers 7 months 1 week ago #28

• hoosierguy
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 13

Guy & Phyllis
2012 Redwood 36RL, DualA/C, KodiakDiskBrakes,TrailAir Tri-Glide, GY_G614's,Mor/RydeSRE4000,HDShackles
2011Dodge3500Laramie, CrewCab,4x4, SRW, Michelins, LongBed, 6.7LCTD, 3.73, PullRiteSuper5th20.5KHitch, BlueOxBedsaver
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!

Main Menu