• Page:

TOPIC: Hydraulic Slides

Hydraulic Slides 5 months 2 days ago #1

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 11

• Redwood/2019/3401
Hi Everyone,

I have a question or too about hydraulic slides. To get the slides out it take any where from 8 to 10 times on the control panel before the slide are all the way out into position. You need to remove your finger from the control panel wait about 2 seconds and press the button again. You need to this 8 to 10 times. This is for both direction, in or out. It doesn't make any difference what the temperature is. 2019 model 3401. Any ideas ?

Thank you for any input,
Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by alan0043.

Hydraulic Slides 5 months 1 day ago #2

• Paul Bridges
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 132

• “Paul
  • Redwood/2015/38RL
Someone else will know better, but isn’t there a circuit breaker in the battery compartment that can cause this problem? I’ve never had the issue but others have.

Paul & Tracy Bridges
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 KR CC LB DRW 6.7L PSD
1924 Ford Model T
1958 Rainbow TT by Edwards ( 1958rainbow.blogspot.com )

Hydraulic Slides 5 months 1 day ago #3

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2019/3401

Iceman1777 wrote: Someone else will know better, but isn’t there a circuit breaker in the battery compartment that can cause this problem? I’ve never had the issue but others have.

Thank you Paul for the tip.

Do you think it is a thermo circuit breaker or is it a problem of the amps being to high ? Is the circuit breaker to small or is the wires going to the circuit breaker to small ?

I hope some people that had is problem will make a comment.

Please keep the info coming,
Al

Hydraulic Slides 5 months 1 day ago #4

• Jim and Mary
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank You(s): 63

• “Jim
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
I have not had this problem, but it has been extensively reported on both forums. Possible causes:
1. Low or failing batteries
2. Loose electrical connections on the battery terminals, solenoid terminals, and/or 12V bus terminals.
3. Marginal circuit breaker. Document from Lippert may help.

File Attachment:

File Name: 80ampbreakerlippert0058.pdf
File Size: 52 KB
Attachments:

Jim & Mary Butters, Maggie (furry kiddo)
2013 Redwood 36RL
MorRyde IS, MorRyde Pin Box Goodyear G114 17.5's Titan Disc Brakes, Residential fridge Winegard Travel'r rooftop TST TPMS

2015 Ford F350 KR DRW

Hydraulic Slides 4 months 4 weeks ago #5

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2019/3401

Jim and Mary wrote: I have not had this problem, but it has been extensively reported on both forums. Possible causes:
1. Low or failing batteries
2. Loose electrical connections on the battery terminals, solenoid terminals, and/or 12V bus terminals.
3. Marginal circuit breaker. Document from Lippert may help.

File Attachment:

File Name: 80ampbreakerlippert0058.pdf
File Size: 52 KB

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the tips. I know the batteries are good because they are less then a year old. Also the batteries have a full charge. The battery cables have a good connection because I have recently reinstalled the batteries from winter storage. Plus I was also plugged into shore power when I was using the rooming the slides.

Please keep the comments coming,
Al

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.