Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Water tank

Water tank 2 months 4 weeks ago #1

I don't fill my tank with fresh water I only use my hose to connect to my RV. I noticed that my rv had water coming out from underneath I open the valve and it seems that the other tank was full. What could cause that? I dont turn the pump on, the switch outside appears to be off I am not sure which way the switch should be turned and the inside switch is definitely off. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Water tank 2 months 4 weeks ago #2

• Jim and Mary
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank You(s): 63

• “Jim
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
Most of the Redwoods use a water pump with intregal check valves to prevent city water from filling the fresh water tank. If you never use the fresh water tank, there is an inline quarter turn valve just downstream from the pump inlet. If you close that, you won't fill up the fresh water tank any longer. You may be able to do that without taking down a segment of the basement wall by looking in the water filter door (on the driver's side) with a flashlight. My guess is one or both of the pump check valves are leaking. Mine did the same and that was my fix a couple years ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dannyboy

Jim & Mary Butters, Maggie (furry kiddo)
2013 Redwood 36RL
MorRyde IS, MorRyde Pin Box Goodyear G114 17.5's Titan Disc Brakes, Residential fridge Winegard Travel'r rooftop TST TPMS

2015 Ford F350 KR DRW

Water tank 2 months 4 weeks ago #3

Would you happen to have a picture of the check valve what they look like. Thanks Dan

Water tank 2 months 4 weeks ago #4

Thank you for the help!!!

Water tank 2 months 4 weeks ago #5

Thank you

Water tank 2 months 4 weeks ago #6

• Rtimesoon
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 56
You might also want to try the following: Turn your incoming water hose off, let off pressure through kitchen or bathroom faucet. Then since the fresh tank is full run water using the water pump for a few minutes. Sediment can also get stuck in the check valve. This has fixed most of these check valve problems, but turning the above mentioned valve will also.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dannyboy

Chris & Maria

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's.
2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.