Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: LED interior lights

LED interior lights 2 years 3 months ago #26

Thanks Shane. I'll give them a call.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Livin the Dream

LED interior lights 2 years 3 months ago #27

• Rex
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 5

• Redwood/2015/36RL
4 1/2" LED Light Model # RSBF4N-008 SunLink Lighting Star Series.
Just received these from Tiara on Friday. These Have a DIFFERENT LED layout than the original ones in our 2015 36rl. One bathroom LED went out so I had to order 3 to replace all the bathroom LED's. I'm installing these later this morning. Will let you know if color or amount of light produced is the same or different from the original lights.
I was told by Tiara (who was told by RW) that they don't use whatever I had anymore.
...rex

Rex and Susan Edmiston, California Central Valley. 2015 36RL, 2012 6.7 Diesel F350 Long bed Lariat dually crew cab

LED interior lights 2 years 3 months ago #28

• mhs4771
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 81

• Redwood/2016/39MB
I think that statement is true. Seems when RW switched to LEDs there were lots of fialures (just read through some old post). We have an early '16 with the newer LEDs and haven't had a failure since oweing in March of '15, and we've been in it 99% of the time.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" GY114s w/Disc, 5.5 Onan, Mor/ryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride Hitch, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

LED interior lights 2 years 3 months ago #29

• Rex
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 5

• Redwood/2015/36RL
New bathroom LED light fixtures are installed. All the screw holes lined up : - ) The new lights appear to be slightly brighter than the old and are a much warmer white. I like them.
The old light model # is RVCOBBF4-008. The LED part is a round appx. 1" yellow/orange thing with about 5 LED's in it that light up.
The new fixture has 9 individual LED's arranged in a much larger circle.
...rex
The following user(s) said Thank You: DonandJudith

Rex and Susan Edmiston, California Central Valley. 2015 36RL, 2012 6.7 Diesel F350 Long bed Lariat dually crew cab

LED interior lights 2 years 3 months ago #30

Thanks for all your info and good news Rex. Now I won't have to worry about getting wrong parts.

Livin the Dream

LED interior lights 2 years 3 months ago #31

We ordered some replacement LED today. We have had to replace several already. Can't beat the $7.99... unless they don't work.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ASLJ7ZE/ref...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

George & Lisa

LED interior lights 2 years 3 months ago #32

Did you use the ROG Amazon affiliate link to order them?

Ken & Gizzi
Ford 2015 F350 DRW
--
"My Redwood; Go anywhere and always be at home."
"The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun"

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been" - Wayne Gretzky

LED interior lights 2 years 3 months ago #33

George ordered the lights. I had not told him about Amazon until it was too late. I need a giant yellow sticker for our laptops. :)

George & Lisa

LED interior lights 1 year 3 months ago #34

nw snowbirds wrote: Just completed replacing all ceiling halogen bulbs with these Hero led bulbs from Amazon. The size is small enough that you can replace 10 watt halogens with these 20 watt equivalent lwhich only draws 2.4 watts. Color is warm white. Cheaper than M4 which I also tried. These are better.

www.amazon.com/dp/B00QE30IFE/ref=cm_sw_r_em_tai_yx8KybNTWXHTE

I know this is an old thread... but we are in the never-ending LED light hunt. We have replaced about 10 of the LED bulb part. Finding the right color is feeling overly complicated. This link says "Daylight White". Is anyone familiar with it? We have ordered cool white that ended up being almost "Smurf" blue. We got one order of warm white that was almost yellow. A different order was bright--I mean florescent Department store bright.

We are giving up trying to match the original ones. We are just going to find one and replace them all--then they will match. But I would like to get the "Right" white this time. BTW... I have called Tiara a couple different times and was told RW uses different lights and even with my VIN they couldn't guarantee a match.

George & Lisa

LED interior lights 1 year 3 months ago #35

Try these links. They describe wattage (Power consumption) and color (Kelvin).

m.lumens.com/how-tos-and-advice/kelvin-color-temperature.html

m.lumens.com/how-tos-and-advice/led-lighting-buyers-guide.html

Maybe these help?
The following user(s) said Thank You: PricelessRVAdventures

LED interior lights 1 year 3 months ago #36

• nw snowbirds
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 86

• “nw
  • Redwood/2012/31sl
It has now been one year since we replaced all halogen light bulbs with Hero LED from Amazon. No failures and the light is almost an exact match in brightness and color to the halogen. Very satisfied.

2012 RW31SL chasing 2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax 4WD SRW

North Left Coast, WA

LED interior lights 1 year 3 months ago #37

• almcc
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 135
Lisa, I just had to replace an LED that was blinking on and off, the first one that has failed in our 2013 that our dealer installed when we bought the RW.

I had a spare that I bought from the dealer, the specs on the box are G4-12SMD 2.4 watt 10-30VDC 4000-4500K.

The 4000K defines the colour, ours is cool white, it isn't bluish in tinge.

I note Amazon has some of these, not sure about the colour, I'm going to look in detail before I order some more spares (but they are cheap!).

LED interior lights 1 year 3 months ago #38

• Piperguy
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 107

• Tilda
  • “Piperguy’s
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
Al - that is the same I use. As you said, cheap and I like the light.

Vaughan & Tracy and the Critters 2013 Redwood 36RL following a 2013 Ford F350 DRW. MorRyde IS, Kodiak Disc, Comfort Ride Hitch, MorRyde Pinbox, and a bunch more. And coming soon ~ Fred the Focus tagging along behind Tilda the Redwood.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.