• Page:

TOPIC: Fresh Water Drain

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 3 weeks ago #1

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 4

• Redwood/2019/3401
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking thru my owners manual to see how to drain the fresh water tank. I have not found a thing. I have done a search, and still found nothing. Can someone please point me in the right direction. The model # 3401RL. I know this is a rookie question.

Thank you for any help,
Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 3 weeks ago #2

• almcc
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 131
Not sure about the newer models but our 2013 has a PEX pipe and valve sticking down from the plastic underbelly near the front of the RW. Just open the valve and that empties the FW tank

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 3 weeks ago #3

Look below your Utility Bay (or near thereof). Look for something that looks like this:

Attachments:

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 3 weeks ago #4

• usonwheels
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2018/3901 MB
My 18 3901 MB is just behind the rear axle. Its not valved but has a white plastic cap.

Last Edit: by usonwheels.

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 3 weeks ago #5

• hoosierguy
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 14

usonwheels wrote: My 18 3901 MB is just behind the rear axle. Its not valved but has a white plastic cap.

That is not your fresh water tank drain...........that white line with a cap is likely the winterizer draw tube.

My 2012 36RL has 3 drain lines, all have valves. One is red which is the hot water plumbing drain, one is blue which is the cold water plumbing drain and one is white which is the fresh water tank drain.

Guy & Phyllis
2012 Redwood 36RL, DualA/C, KodiakDiskBrakes,TrailAir Tri-Glide, GY_G614's,Mor/RydeSRE4000,HDShackles
2011Dodge3500Laramie, CrewCab,4x4, SRW, Michelins, LongBed, 6.7LCTD, 3.73, PullRiteSuper5th20.5KHitch, BlueOxBedsaver

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 3 weeks ago #6

• usonwheels
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2018/3901 MB

hoosierguy wrote:

usonwheels wrote: My 18 3901 MB is just behind the rear axle. Its not valved but has a white plastic cap.

That is not your fresh water tank drain...........that white line with a cap is likely the winterizer draw tube.

My 2012 36RL has 3 drain lines, all have valves. One is red which is the hot water plumbing drain, one is blue which is the cold water plumbing drain and one is white which is the fresh water tank drain.

It actually is the drain. I also have the 3 you mention under the utility bay. The one in the back of the axle goes directly into the fresh tank. There is also a vent/overflow right next to it poking through the correplast.

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 3 weeks ago #7

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2019/3401
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the tips. The weather is going to be nice today to crawl under the trailer.

Al

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 3 weeks ago #8

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 370

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL

hoosierguy wrote:

Our 2013 36FL is the same as Guy's - all 3 are close together and on driver's side just forward of the convenience centre. The only line with a cap is the suction for winterising.

Andy & Judi, Canines - Kona & Bella
Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
Cruise & RV Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
President - ROG

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 3 weeks ago #9

I have 4 under mine, hot/cold low point drains, FW tank drain & FW overflow (which I added a valve to that must be opened when filling) all within a couple couple feet of each other under the convenience center. The winterization line is capped in the convenience center lower left corner.

Travelin' Texans
Full timers since 2008
2013 FB Black & Tan (FOR SALE)
2013 GMC Denali 3500 DRW

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 3 weeks ago #10

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2019/3401
Hi Everyone,

I was able to find the drains. There is a total of 4 under my trailer ( 3401RL; 2019 ). The hot and cold low point drain is located close to the frame. They have black over on them. In the same line toward the center of the trailer there is another drain with a can. I think this is the fresh water tank drain. The fourth drain is more rearward. It is in a location on the in line with the frig. I think it is a drain line for the frig.

Does anyone know there the supply line that goes the frig starts at ? Is it behind the curved wall in the area where the water pump is ? The trailer is new. I have never put any water to the frig. I want to understand my trailer better knowing where things are ? The owners manual is no help.

Please keep the info coming,
Al

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 3 weeks ago #11

In most rigs, the shut off is located under the sink in the Kitchen.

If you store during the winter, remove the line from under the sink valve and from the solenoid from behind the refrigerator panel (outside for Dometic/Norcold Propane/Electric models). On residential models, it's just like your house. Remove it there. Blow out the lines to keep from freezing and breaking. The only freezing should be INSIDE the freezer!

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 3 weeks ago #12

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2019/3401

GipCTravelers wrote: In most rigs, the shut off is located under the sink in the Kitchen.

If you store during the winter, remove the line from under the sink valve and from the solenoid from behind the refrigerator panel (outside for Dometic/Norcold Propane/Electric models). On residential models, it's just like your house. Remove it there. Blow out the lines to keep from freezing and breaking. The only freezing should be INSIDE the freezer!

Hi Gip,

Thank you for the tip. My sink is in an island in the middle of the trailer. I have never had water going to any frig in any of my homes. This water line is a first for me. I have no idea how you get to the water line on the frig it's self. The frig is in the drivers side slide. I'll take a look later today to see what I can find under the sink.

Al

Last Edit: by alan0043.

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 3 weeks ago #13

The valve is toward the back side of the sink. In an inconvenient location. Use a flashlight.

One Valve for the Dishwasher.

One Valve for the Refrigerator.

Two Valves for the sink (Hot/Cold).

I think you are saying you have the Residential Refrigerator? You'll have to pull the refrigerator forward to get to it. Inconvenient...Yes. With the Propane/Electric Dometic and Norcold, its easy to get to the Solenoid. Going outside to remove the panel.

I've attached a picture of the solenoid for the Norcold and the winterizing instructions for your convenience.

File Attachment:

File Name: WinterizingIceMaker_2018-10-20.pdf
File Size: 207 KB

Refer to your residential refrigerator for diagrams and instructions for wintering if you need more information other than what has been provided.

In both cases, clean the interior and prop the doors open when not in use.
Attachments:

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 3 weeks ago #14

The Norcold fridge does not drain out thru the floor but into a small tray from 1/4" tubing inside the lower outside cover, the Dometic fridge will have 1/2" flexable tubing sticking out the lower fridge cover & a residential fridge should not have a drain.
The other drain underneath is most likely the overflow/vent for the FW tank, if it's valved be sure to open before filling the FW tank so as not to rupture the tank.
The water shut off for the icemaker, for both residential or rv fridges, is under the kitchen sink, if like mine it's hard to see & harder to reach.

Travelin' Texans
Full timers since 2008
2013 GMC Denali 3500 DRW
Last Edit: by Danny and Linda.

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 2 weeks ago #15

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2019/3401
Hi Everyone,

It sure would be nice if the manufacturer would use labels on the water lines and drain point. Even a description in the owners manual would go a long way.

The last drain point has a cap on it like drain point that I think is the drain for the fresh water tank. If it is a vent, how would it vent with a cap on it.

Al

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 2 weeks ago #16

• Jim and Mary
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 51

• “Jim
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
Alan
What you're describing I think is the suction hose to winterize the fresh water system during storage in freezing temperatures. If you were to follow that line to behind the basement wall, it should go to a quarter-turn valve on the suction side of the fresh water pump (that takes water from the fresh water tank when not connected to city water).

Jim & Mary Butters, Maggie (furry kiddo)
2013 Redwood 36RL
MorRyde IS, MorRyde Pin Box Goodyear G114 17.5's Titan Disc Brakes, Residential fridge Winegard Travel'r rooftop TST TPMS

2015 Ford F350 KR DRW

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 2 weeks ago #17

• Rtimesoon
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 47
Not sure about on your Redwood, but mine has a 1/4 turn valve attached to the end of the pex that is my drain for my potable water. I have seen manufacturers use a male pex fitting on the end of the low points and the fresh drain and then use a 1/2" cap to cap it off. Remove cap and the line drains. But if that cap is near your docking station and attached to a braided hose it will be for the winterizing of your coach and allowing the antifreeze into the system.

Chris
2012 36RL

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 2 weeks ago #18

"It sure would be nice if the manufacturer would use labels on the water lines and drain point. Even a description in the owners manual would go a long way."

Owners manual? You got an owners manual?

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 2 weeks ago #19

If it's underneath (probably blue) close to the frame with a cap it's most likely the fresh tank drain. If it's in the convenience center (white reinforced hose) with a cap on it it's the suction to the pump for winterization.
Both hot(red)/cold(blue) low point drains should have valves on them underneath the convenience center somewhere, if there's an odd line (possibly blue, probably white reinforced hose) underneath with no valve that should be the vent/overflow for fresh water.
Mine has stickers on the paint showing low point drains & fresh water drain, maybe they saved 10 cents in later years by not putting them on anymore.

Travelin' Texans
Full timers since 2008
2013 GMC Denali 3500 DRW
Last Edit: by Danny and Linda.

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 2 weeks ago #20

• alan0043
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2019/3401

elliottandvicky wrote: "It sure would be nice if the manufacturer would use labels on the water lines and drain point. Even a description in the owners manual would go a long way."

Owners manual? You got an owners manual?

I have looked in the owners manual with no luck. The manual seems to be generic. They write one manual that goes in all the trailers. A simple label can go a long ways to understanding the plumbing system. Does anyone know where someone can get a drawing for the plumbing system ? I looked in the library section of the forum with no luck. I do belong to the Redwood Owners group.

Al

Last Edit: by alan0043.

Fresh Water Drain 1 month 2 weeks ago #21

• Rtimesoon
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 47
Please look underneath your trailer. The drain for the fresh tank will be under the fresh tank. The low point drains for the hot and cold lines are between the frame and the skirt metal. Drain for the fresh tank will be located below and near the tank between the frame I beams.

Chris

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.551 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!

Main Menu