Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Winegard prepaid data plans

Winegard prepaid data plans 3 months 1 week ago #1

• ncsteele
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 1
Anyone have experience with Winegard prepaid data plans? We have the Winegard Connect 2.0 installed in our 2019. Want to be able to stream (netflix), email, and do some work while on the road. Looking for anyone that actually has used or is using these plans. Is there a better alternative out there? I have a Verizon hot spot through my employer but it is spotty in some places and not very fast otherwise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Winegard prepaid data plans 3 months 1 week ago #2

I will be interested in this as well.. Our 2020 cam with the connect 2.0 also but when we took delivery, there was nobody there that could help us with any of the electronics... The 1 person that knew was off...??

Do you/can you use it as a wifi repeater as well??

Winegard prepaid data plans 3 months 1 week ago #3

• ncsteele
  • NOW OFFLINE
Yes you can. I had to go up on the roof and get the numbers off the unit required to enter in once you put the ip address into your browser. Once there you can enter your wifi (in my case a Verizon mifi password) and it will act as a wifi extender. You also have the option there of purchasing any of the monthly prepaid data plans. We did use it as an extender and it seemed to work well but would like to try the prepaid access and see how the signal is. I do have a brochure that was emailed to me that gives instructions if you would like I can send it to you.

Last Edit: by ncsteele.

Winegard prepaid data plans 3 months 1 week ago #4

I have been looking at installing one. Is your unit the Winegaurd connect 2.0 or the 2.0 +4G LTE.

Winegard prepaid data plans 3 months 1 week ago #5

I have been looking at installing Winegaurd connect 2.0 +4G LTE If anyone just has the 2.0 without the 4G LTE and has tried to connect their hot spot to strengthen signal let me know. Any comparison reviews would be appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ford truck guy

Winegard prepaid data plans 3 months 1 week ago #6

• ncsteele
  • NOW OFFLINE
I have the 2.0 with 4G LTE. Haven't used the data yet but have used it to extend the signal of my existing Mifi. Works well for that.

Winegard prepaid data plans 3 months 1 week ago #7

I'll keep monitoring the post to see how the winegaurd plan works if you install it. I was going to install a Verizon Sims card and use them but I understand the Winegaurd plans used both Verizon and AT&T.

Winegard prepaid data plans 3 months 1 week ago #8

I have the 2.0 + 4G... I get the Redwood back on Saturday the 17th... I will go up and get all those numbers and start trying to connect to wifi

Winegard prepaid data plans 3 months 1 week ago #9

• ncsteele
  • NOW OFFLINE
Reading the user manual I have downloaded it tells me the numbers you need are in the manual provided when you purchase the unit. Unfortunately a manual was not provided to us so I had to go online and download one which of course did not have the unique numbers I needed.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.