TOPIC: 2018 National Redwood Rally

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 3 weeks ago #1

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 276

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
Following the success of the 2017 Rally, we are already working on 2018.

Dates - July 15th to July 22nd 2018 (Seminar & rally activities, etc on 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st)

Location - Shipshewana Campground South Park

I hope to commence negotiating the campground contract shortly and will post campground costs and any changes to their terms & conditions, when they are available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redwood5er, Kenneth and Donna, Shane Wood, almcc, grizzby, ford truck guy, Steve_Gina, Dannyboy, KennyWhite1531, dmcreasy and this user have 10 others thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Andy & Judi, Canine - Kona
Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
Cruise & RV Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
President - ROG

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 3 weeks ago #2

Does the rally have to be in the hottest part of the year? Has late August early September ever been considered or voted on? JAQ........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalispellcary

Living Life the RV way in Ol' Red..... 38RL, LP Generator, Washer/Dryer, Slide Toppers, Residential Appliances, Satellite, LP Tank Upgrade, Best Color!

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 3 weeks ago #3

See Andys post in the Rally Feedback Thread. Logistically for RW, if we want the techs, mid to end July is about the only choice. Spring in Indiana is a total crap shoot with weather.

Vaughan & Tracy and the Critters 2013 Redwood 36RL following a 2013 Ford F350 DRW. MorRyde IS, Kodiak Disc, Comfort Ride Hitch, MorRyde Pinbox, and a bunch more. And coming soon ~ Fred the Focus tagging along behind Tilda the Redwood.

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 3 weeks ago #4

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
I discussed this extensively with Ryan Juday last year, as we explored alternative options for scheduling the rally. Ryan was very helpful and wants to provide the services that are important to the owners attending the rally.

The middle of July is the best time for the factory and Redwood management, so for the foreseeable future I suspect the National Rally will continue at Shipshewana mid July.

Once demand dictates and we have the resources available, we will host regional rallies in other locations in the Spring/Fall.

Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
President - ROG

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 3 weeks ago #5

• dave
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 5

• Redwood/2013/38RL
We will be there next year for sure and then we will be off for our NW United States Trip.

Dave

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 3 weeks ago #6

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
Dave - same here, right after the rally next year we are heading directly back to BC

Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
President - ROG

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 3 weeks ago #7

• dave
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2013/38RL
Andy maybe we can hook up at next years rally and I can pick your brain on things to see in Calgary and Banff. This year we went to the Southwest and drove 10,000 miles from Florida our home to SanDiego and up to San Francisco and thru Utah and back. 60 days of traveling. We saw a lifetime of sights......

Dave

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 3 weeks ago #8

• dave
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2013/38RL
I am ready to make my reservations any time. Love the whole thing!!!!!

Dave

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 3 weeks ago #9

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL

dave wrote: Andy maybe we can hook up at next years rally and I can pick your brain on things to see in Calgary and Banff. This year we went to the Southwest and drove 10,000 miles from Florida our home to SanDiego and up to San Francisco and thru Utah and back. 60 days of traveling. We saw a lifetime of sights......

Dave - sounds good, but we haven't been to Calgary in over 35 yrs. Normally depart Banff and take the Calgary ring road, heading East.

Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
President - ROG

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 3 weeks ago #10

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL

dave wrote: I am ready to make my reservations any time. Love the whole thing!!!!!

Signing up for the rally is a 2 step process. You reserve directly with the campground. They are accepting reservations now. I also note they close at end of October and are difficult to contact until Feb/Mar.

The ROG registration portion will be a few months down the road, as we have to review feedback from this year to determine what scope the majority want, then cost it before setting a break even price.

Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
President - ROG

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 2 weeks ago #11

• Chief28.ret
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 24

• Redwood/2016/38RL
If I had to choose between tech support in July, or no tech support in Sept. it is a no brainer for us. The tech support is huge and will keep me coming back if at all possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dave, PricelessRVAdventures

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 2 weeks ago #12

Agreed! No tech support, we probably would not attend. I just can't say enough about Redwood and Lippert Tech's!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PricelessRVAdventures

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 2 weeks ago #13

• dave
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2013/38RL
I didn't come this year but had come the three previous years and the tech support is one of the main reasons. It is a long drive from Naples, Florida.....

Dave

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 2 weeks ago #14

• BobnMary
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 0

• Redwood/2017/31SL
We have been Redwood owners for a little less than a year and really wanted to attend the rally this year but couldn't make the dates work as we are not retired. Thanks for setting the dates so that we can plan ahead. We will be there in 2018!

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 2 weeks ago #15

No major home improvements are planned for next year so God willing I will be attending.

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 1 week ago #16

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
Preliminary planning for 2018 is progressing well with Redwood confirming they are planning to provide the same services as this year.

I am now looking at progressing to detailed planning and am looking for a team to assist. Basically, the rally is a classic project and I hope to use basic project management principles.

Therefore, I am looking for some volunteers to assist leading the following areas:
- Presentations - responsible for arranging the presentations. We already have a number of potential topics, but additional brainstorming is welcome. Role will include finalising topics, finding presenters and round table discussion attendees

- Volunteer Coordinator role includes recruiting volunteers and assigning to roles during the rally

- Registration/Hospitality desk role includes managing the desk, organising the registration process and developing material for the hospitality desk

The planning phase will include a monthly conference call and access to a private area for rally planning on the forum.

If you are interested in helping to present yet another excellent rally, please respond to this thread, or drop me an email.

Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
President - ROG

2018 National Redwood Rally 4 months 4 days ago #17

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
2018 Rally Update

I am pleased to advise that Terry & Evada Cooper are available for the rally next year. Terry, the Texas RV Professor, will present his 3-day RV Maintenance Course. We are just finalising dates, booking the pavilion and determining costs. Once finalised, it will be available for booking through Terry & Evada's Website.

Terry presented a similar course in 2016 and received excellent reviews from all attendees. This hands-on course covers all RV systems and having been full timers in a couple of Redwood floorplans, he does focus on our coaches.

If you want to know about your Redwood, how the systems work and how to maintain and/or effect repairs, then you may want to consider this course. I for one, missed it in 2016 and will be signing up for 2018.

I will post an update when it is available to book through their website.

mobilervacademy.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: ford truck guy, clarabels

Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
President - ROG

2018 National Redwood Rally 3 months 2 weeks ago #18

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
2018 Rally Update

I have concluded my discussions with the campground regarding their policies/procedures and costs for next year. I note the campground is under new ownership, so some changes are to be expected. I summarise some of their terms and conditions.

Costs
FHU Pull-through $44 + tax (7%) = $47.08 - see discounts
FHU Back-in $42 + tax (7%) = $44.94 - see discounts

Discounts - If staying for a full week, pay for 6 nights and receive the 7th night free - total cost $282.48/$269.64
If staying less than a week, they will provide a discount per night, depending on number of sites we book as a group. 60 to 89 sites ($3 discount per night) and 90+ sites($4 discount per night). If staying longer than 1 week, they will make discounts available for the entire stay.

Reservations
As per previous years, to receive the rally discounts you MUST call to make a reservation. Online reservations will not be included and cannot be changed. The campground is open until end October and opens again in March. Phone - 260-768-4669

Deposit
This is a new policy this year. On calling for a reservation, they will request your personal details and a credit card. They will immediately process a non-refundable charge equivalent to 1 night camping fees ($44 for FHU P/T). On arrival, they will calculate the total discounted cost, subtract the deposit paid and you will pay the balance.

Cancellation
The deposit paid is non-refundable. If cancelled 10 or more nights in advance, you will not receive any further charges. Less than 10 days will incur an additional $25

Number of Sites
I have reserved a total of 110 sites, which includes 100 owners + vendors. These sites will be held for rally attendees until April 15th. After this date all un-booked sites are released to the general public.

Rally Sign-Up
As per previous years, signing up to attend the rally is a 2-step process
- Call the campground to reserve a site
- Complete the ROG online rally registration, when available (should be online before Dec 31/2017)
The following user(s) said Thank You: redwood5er, Shane Wood, dave, REM, Steve_Gina, Dannyboy, dmcreasy, randyboyette, PricelessRVAdventures, racandler@southlandhomehealth.com and this user have 4 others thankyou

Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
President - ROG

2018 National Redwood Rally 3 months 1 week ago #19

Sure would be nice if ONLY Redwood owners could be together. Set vendors, etc on separate row.
The following user(s) said Thank You: clarabels

2018 National Redwood Rally 3 months 2 weeks ago #20

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
Great idea, but unfortunately we have no control over assigning sites.

Based on some experiences from previous years, we have clearly stated respective responsibilities. Assigning sites is the sole responsibility of the campground. To ensure a smooth running rally we don't interfere in their area of responsibility.

Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
President - ROG

2018 National Redwood Rally 3 months 2 weeks ago #21

Some of the vendors have Redwoods! All are great people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redwood5er, PricelessRVAdventures

2018 National Redwood Rally 3 months 1 week ago #22

RicknCath wrote: Some of the vendors have Redwoods! All are great people.

Not to sound negative...But some don't....Some have sold out and moved to other rigs or brands...Guess that sounds negative but its factual. One can't hide from that.

2018 National Redwood Rally 3 months 1 week ago #23

• mhs4771
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 33

• Redwood/2016/39MB
Come on folks, let's be realistic: If we can't fill the whole Camp Ground, there's going to be SOBs between some of us. You can't expect the CG to turn business away. After all, most of us were towards the back, plus the GC isn't that huge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oriana, PricelessRVAdventures

Michelle & Ann
2011 Chevy 3500HD Ext Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" GY114s w/Disc, 5.5 Onan, Mor/ryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride Hitch, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

2018 National Redwood Rally 3 months 1 week ago #24

You're either going to get free stuff or VERY good deals on their merchandise, so I'd welcome them in whatever brand/make/model they showed up in, in fact if I can make it park me right in amongst'em.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oriana, PricelessRVAdventures

Travelin' Texans
Full timers since 2008
2013 FB Black & Tan
2013 GMC Denali 3500 DRW

2018 National Redwood Rally 3 months 1 week ago #25

Danny
You better make it if I'm going to travel from .CA to visit you

Woody
Time to create page: 0.842 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!