Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Post Rally Caravan??

Post Rally Caravan?? 6 days 7 hours ago #1

At last year's rally, some members talked about heading out after the rally and wandering Northeast. Does anyone know of a plan to head to Maine or thereabouts after this year's rally? Planning our summer and we have a gap to fill between the National Rally and the Northeast Regional Rally.

Jim & Connie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Growing older is mandatory,

Growing up is entirely optional.

Remember, it's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Post Rally Caravan?? 6 days 7 hours ago #2

That's a great idea. I haven't heard anything, but we might be up for something like that.

George & Lisa

Post Rally Caravan?? 6 days 6 hours ago #3

• Jim and Mary
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank You(s): 55

• “Jim
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
another poster gave this info. Check out their post

TOPIC: IT'S OFFICIAL! NE Regional Rally Set for September 11-15, 2019

Jim & Mary Butters, Maggie (furry kiddo)
2013 Redwood 36RL
MorRyde IS, MorRyde Pin Box Goodyear G114 17.5's Titan Disc Brakes, Residential fridge Winegard Travel'r rooftop TST TPMS

2015 Ford F350 KR DRW

Post Rally Caravan?? 5 days 23 hours ago #4

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 391

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
Don't know about anything being organised this year, but it is something I am looking at for next year.

Andy & Judi, Canines - Kona & Bella
Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
Cruise & RV Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
President - ROG

Post Rally Caravan?? 4 days 18 hours ago #5

a possible stop over place for the north east on the way to Maine would be Normandy Farms Foxboro Ma. This park is in the same town I live in and is very clean and has no problem hosting large RV as a back in or pull though sites. They maybe willing to do a group rate if you can get enough interest and book it all at once.
www.normandyfarms.com/

this park is located about 2 hours away from Maine and is well worth a few nights stay . Its 25 miles from Boston and 25 miles to Providence RI. easy access from RT95 nd RT495. short 5 mile ride to Gillette Stadium (home to the NE patriots), at the stadium there is plenty of shopping and food .

Last Edit: by xcmark.

Post Rally Caravan?? 3 days 20 hours ago #6

Thanks for the suggestion Mark. We plan on doing the trip and I'd like to spend a few days outside of Boston as I've never been there.

Jim

Post Rally Caravan?? 3 days 9 hours ago #7

a guided tour on the duck boats is always a good time , mostly roads then they jump into Boston harbor for about 1/2 hr on the water and about an hour + by roads . Its safe , nothing like the disaster that happen on the lake in Missouri last summer. A good fiend of mine has worked at Boston Duct tours as a mechanic for 10+ years . They will not send there boats into open water if its rough, they have a canal route they use on days the harbor is windy. The drivers know the city and will give you a tour on the history of the area. The two places to get a ride is at the science museum or the aquarium . if you go to the aquarium have lunch or dinner in the north end if you like Italian food. then treat your self to desert at Mikes pastry on Hanover st in the north end.

Post Rally Caravan?? 3 days 8 hours ago #8

We just booked 6 nights in Wompatuck State Park at a ridiculous rate. It's a 50 minute train ride to South Station but no issue with trying to park a 1 ton truck down town.
We'll take your recommendations to heart.

Thanx,

Jim

Post Rally Caravan?? 2 days 8 hours ago #9

Not sure about Wompatuck State Park but other Mass. state parks are VERY strict on drinking and bringing any alcohol in the park. Fire wood from outside the area is also a big NO-NO. the state park down in Taunton thought I was going to get a body cavity search by the park ranger at the gate , looked in my lunch box , trunk and asked if I was hideing any! (that park hasn't been opened in 5+ years the water lines froze over the winter and forced its closer).

Last Edit: by xcmark.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.867 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.