Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Us crazy people that double .......

Us crazy people that double ....... 1 week 5 days ago #1

  • Piperguy
  • Piperguy's Avatar
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Posts: 403
  • Thank You(s): 107
  • Karma: 10

  • Tilda
  • “Piperguy’s
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
Since there have been some questions about it, I thought I would start a thread.

Anyone curious, please feel free to ask anything about double towing. We've pulled the Focus about 9,000 miles so far and love it.!! I'm sure George and Lisa and maybe Brad will add some info too.

I'll post a picture of our rig if my iPad allows it. Lol
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vaughan & Tracy and the Critters 2013 Redwood 36RL following a 2013 Ford F350 DRW. MorRyde IS, Kodiak Disc, Comfort Ride Hitch, MorRyde Pinbox, and a bunch more. And coming soon ~ Fred the Focus tagging along behind Tilda the Redwood.

Us crazy people that double ....... 1 week 4 days ago #2

  • alan0043
  • alan0043's Avatar
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Posts: 140
  • Thank You(s): 13
  • Karma: 0

  • Redwood/2019/3401

Piperguy wrote: Since there have been some questions about it, I thought I would start a thread.

Anyone curious, please feel free to ask anything about double towing. We've pulled the Focus about 9,000 miles so far and love it.!! I'm sure George and Lisa and maybe Brad will add some info too.

I'll post a picture of our rig if my iPad allows it. Lol


Hi Piper,

I have a couple of questions for you. Did you have to add any extra support for the hitch ? My next question is. Where are you getting power from for the lights on the car being towed ? I looked at the back of my trailer and did not see any pigtail around the trailer hitch.

Thanks for any info,
Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Us crazy people that double ....... 1 week 4 days ago #3

  • Piperguy
  • Piperguy's Avatar
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Posts: 403
  • Thank You(s): 107
  • Karma: 10

  • Tilda
  • “Piperguy’s
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
Hi Al
Other than the first year or so of production, Redwood did not supply trailer wiring. I pullled the tailights and wired in a standard 5 wire harness.

As for the hitch, it's rated for 3000 lbs and the Focus is 2820. I did do some reinforcements just for insurance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vaughan & Tracy and the Critters 2013 Redwood 36RL following a 2013 Ford F350 DRW. MorRyde IS, Kodiak Disc, Comfort Ride Hitch, MorRyde Pinbox, and a bunch more. And coming soon ~ Fred the Focus tagging along behind Tilda the Redwood.

Us crazy people that double ....... 1 week 2 days ago #4

  • alan0043
  • alan0043's Avatar
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Posts: 140
  • Thank You(s): 13
  • Karma: 0

  • Redwood/2019/3401

Piperguy wrote: Hi Al
Other than the first year or so of production, Redwood did not supply trailer wiring. I pullled the tailights and wired in a standard 5 wire harness.

As for the hitch, it's rated for 3000 lbs and the Focus is 2820. I did do some reinforcements just for insurance.


Hi Piper,
Thank you for the info. I have another question for you. When you tapped into the rear wiring harness, do you drop the rear belly protection ( corpolast ) down enough to get to the wires or did you tap into the wires by pulling out a tail light ?

Thank you again for your help,
Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Us crazy people that double ....... 1 week 2 days ago #5

  • Piperguy
  • Piperguy's Avatar
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Posts: 403
  • Thank You(s): 107
  • Karma: 10

  • Tilda
  • “Piperguy’s
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
Pick up atrailer wiring harness and then drop the coroplast enough to fish it up there.
I pulled the tailights and used a test light to verify which wire was which , Learned a long time ago not to trust that the Amish electrians used the correct color code wiring. Lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vaughan & Tracy and the Critters 2013 Redwood 36RL following a 2013 Ford F350 DRW. MorRyde IS, Kodiak Disc, Comfort Ride Hitch, MorRyde Pinbox, and a bunch more. And coming soon ~ Fred the Focus tagging along behind Tilda the Redwood.

Us crazy people that double ....... 1 week 1 day ago #6

  • alan0043
  • alan0043's Avatar
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Posts: 140
  • Thank You(s): 13
  • Karma: 0

  • Redwood/2019/3401

Piperguy wrote: Pick up atrailer wiring harness and then drop the coroplast enough to fish it up there.
I pulled the tailights and used a test light to verify which wire was which , Learned a long time ago not to trust that the Amish electrians used the correct color code wiring. Lol


Hi Piper,

Thank you again for some great info. I now have a plan.

Thank you,
Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

 


Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

 

 

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates.