Furrion gas ovens

14 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Does anyone have experience wit the Furrion Gas ovens?

We used ours for the first time the other day and had a heck of a time cooking... The actual oven temp was about 100* off what the LED read out was telling us , and what the knob was reading... AND when it was set to 400* the temp hit 375.. they 370.. then 365.. then 375.. then 370 so on....

the temp settled on 400,,, the manual thermometer we purchased read 325 and the digital thermometer I have was reading 299.... to 310...

I have googled if there was any calibration that can be done with no luck...

NOT looking to drag it all the way to the dealer if it os something I can do myself...

Posted : July 5, 2019 4:07 PM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

Hey Joe, wonder since it was the 1st use maybe air still in the line & not getting good gas flow to the oven.
From reading other forums the main conscience is the Furrion appliances, tv's, electronics & back,up cameras are definitely not the best quality stuff, guess that's why they're in rvs & I've never that brand at Best Buy.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : July 5, 2019 6:56 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Friends have a new Alpine and have gone thru 4 or 5 Ovens trying to get one that provided the heat that it was set for. I think from what I've heard and read that Furrion sold the RV industry a bunch of questionable goods. Seems their name keeps coming up with assorted problems.

Posted : July 5, 2019 6:59 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Friends have a new Alpine and have gone thru 4 or 5 Ovens trying to get one that provided the heat that it was set for. I think from what I've heard and read that Furrion sold the RV industry a bunch of questionable goods. Seems their name keeps coming up with assorted problems.

I was wondering the same thing since Furrion IS Keystone......

Posted : July 6, 2019 3:17 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

** UPDATE **
Keystone shipped a new oven 2nd day to the repair facility close to my house. It arrived Friday morning, and was installed and I picked it up yesterday after work..

Turned the oven on, set it to 350... the digital readout said, 350 AND the oven thermometer that I put inside ALSO read 350... Its a beautiful thing...

Keystone came threw.... THANK YOU

Posted : July 13, 2019 7:56 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Our unit is in shop and oven was one of the issues (2nd). We were told there is a "stone" that helps keep the temperature. They ordered us one.

Posted : July 27, 2019 12:15 PM
(@Anonymous)

Hi Shaun & Dee,

I was curious to know more about this "stone". Can you please tell us more about the stone. I know my oven is about 20*F off.

Thank you for any help,
Al

Posted : July 28, 2019 8:40 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Dont know much about it. Our service rep indicated he thought there should be one and was going to check on it for us he then reported it did need one and he had ordered.

I assume you place somewhere in the oven and it helps hold temp.

I like to bake so fluctuating temps are a real pain.

Posted : July 28, 2019 9:24 AM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

I'm guessing he's referring to a pizza stone that I'm fairly certain the ovens DO NOT come with. Others have used them with success hopefully they'll chime in on where to get one & where to place it in the oven.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : July 28, 2019 11:12 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I bought my "Furrion Oven Stone" on E-bay. It is a special size that fits in a slot in the bottom oven rack. There is a Furrion Part number in the book that came with the oven but I couldn't find a place to order one.

Posted : July 29, 2019 9:13 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Did you contact Keystone directly for the replacement or was it done through a dealer? I have one that is just at the end of the 1 year warranty and it quit working on the 3rd use.

Posted : August 14, 2019 12:01 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Since my RV is 2 months old, I was able to go directly through Keystone.. They at first did not want to deal with me because my selling dealer needed to be involved..

At the end of the day, Keystone came through and I had the oven 2 days later.

With yours being a year, I am not sure the best route to go?

Posted : August 14, 2019 8:21 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We got ours from Redwood after the Rally. Still not perfect but once set temperature holding within 10 degrees.

Posted : September 12, 2019 11:07 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Was at the Hershey RV show today and asked Tim Cress about the Insignia appliances we saw in SOBs. He said they would be using these starting next model year.

Posted : September 12, 2019 11:33 PM
Share: