TrailAir TriGlide Hitch

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I recently contacted Lippert and informed them that the bottom plate of my TrailAir TriGlide has a lot of movement/play. I was told by Lippert that they had problems with the design and no longer make this unit and would send out a replacement. However, what they sent out is not an equivalent unit. What they sent does NOT have the shock absorber and donut. It is only a chunk of metal with a kingpin. When I contacted Lippert I was told that what they shipped is the replacement that they were instructed to sent out. I explained that what I have is a cadillac as compared to the volkswagen they sent out. Lippert did go on to say that they would be happy to SELL me a replacement unit similar to the unit I have called a FlexAIR which has the donut and shock absorber. According to Lippert "it normally retails for $1450.95 PLUS $203.65 shipping because it has to be shipped freight. So realistically $600 off." I checked Amazon and I can purchase this unit for $1150 with free shipping.

Posted : June 1, 2019 6:37 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Or just opt for the MORryde Pin Box, which is what a bunch of us did at the Rally several years ago, before Lippert admitted there was an issue with the Tri-Glide.

Posted : June 1, 2019 6:57 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I had a tri-glide that had issues,,, I went to the Flex air and it was really nice... Now the new Redwoods come stock with the Morryde pin box and I think it's even better than the flex air.. Now, I only have the tow home fro . the dealer, and my fist and only trip which was less than 100 miles

Posted : June 1, 2019 9:06 PM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

I thought they were shipping just the lower jaw with a fixed king pin & you still used the shock & airbag not a complete hitch minus the good stuff or did I totally misunderstand.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : June 1, 2019 11:57 PM
(@Anonymous)

I would say you got ripped! I thought they were sending the Flexair.

Posted : June 2, 2019 9:09 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

After I complained, I had my Tri-Glide replaced as well. I was replaced with the Trail-Air - no cost. I would push them and, feel free to use me as an example. This was 1 year ago.

Posted : July 24, 2019 2:26 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

At last year’s rally Lippert verified my Trail Air was junk but only offered me Rally pricing on a new replacement. I had already made up my mind that if I had to buy one it would be the MorRyde, and did so. No regrets.

Posted : July 25, 2019 9:17 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Lippert came through. Sent me a Flex Air replacement and paid for one hour of labor for installation.

Posted : July 31, 2019 12:33 AM
Share: