Notifications
Clear all

Connecting to RV park cable TV

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@scottsunderland)
Topic starter

We just bought our Redwood 2021 3401 RV. We have stayed at multiple parks  now that say they offer cable TV. I hook up our cable from the RV to the site's cable connection. Sometimes it seems to work, but for the most part, it seems that our TV's are just picking up local channels and not using the park's cable connection. I've tried the channel scans and every time I do it from selecting the cable from wall selection, it never works. Anyone run into this or know how to fix it!? Thanks!

Posted : June 20, 2021 12:42 PM
ROG - Paul
(@rog-paul)
Estimable Member Admin

Sorry you're not getting any response yet. The new Redwoods, starting about 2019 or 2020, changed the engineering on the satellite/cable/antenna tv connections, I believe. From my recollection they are now controlled through the electronic Command Center rather than the antenna booster button that we all have in the older models. We're going to have to get some expertise on the command center as the new models are very popular and we'll have more owners asking questions.

In the older models, you turn off the booster button, change the input on the TV to cable, and do a channel scan. If you don't turn the booster off you get zero cable channels.  Sorry I can't be more help!

Posted : June 28, 2021 6:54 AM
Share: