Forum

Notifications
Clear all

What wires go for what? Trying to set up Satellite

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
(@Anonymous)

I have a redwood 38 RL. I’m trying to install my portable wineguard and dish Wally. In the entertainment center in the living room I have three wires to our brownish one is white. Which one goes in the back of the dish box? I have two wire connections in the cargo hold next to each other. Does anybody know Which goes to the living room? I spent four hours today and I still couldn’t figure it out.

Posted : December 9, 2017 10:51 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Good Morning Terry ,

Earlier this year I received a Winegard PAthway X2, and had to trace the wires to make it work. Go to Home Depot and get a wire tracer, I paid $30.00..

You will have 2 inputs in the wet bay, one for the main, and 1 for the bedroom... In the entertainment center you will have 3 orange satellite cables, 1 comes from the roof, 1 from the wet bay, and 1 I think goes to the cargo bay..

The bedroom will have 2 orange wires, 1 from the roof, and 1 from the wet bay..

Trace the wires and it SHOULD work properly...

Posted : December 10, 2017 9:54 AM
(@Anonymous)

Terry, like Joe, I bought a tracer to avoid the aggravation!
We a have a 2013 36RL and I just looked at the connections in the entertainment center above the TV. Our unit was spec'd with 4 coax lines coming from the roof (for Canadian sat TV, two each go to the entertainment center and the bedroom). Our unit has an orange line coming from the wet bay to the entertainment center, an orange coax going from the entertainment center to the basement in front and a black coax line coming from the roof to the entertainment area (and another one which you won't have).

If Redwood installed with any logic (questionable!), the rearmost coax connection in the wet bay should go to the entertainment center, you may be able to unscrew the duplex connection and check the coax colour if you don't get a checker, it will minimize the possibilities.

Good luck!

Posted : December 10, 2017 12:40 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

My unit just has connectors on switchplates everywhere. Are you taking out the switchplates to see your wires?

In the cabinet above the TV, I have one plate with a single connector, and one with 2 connectors. Anybody know why all of these connectors?

Posted : December 12, 2017 11:50 AM
(@Anonymous)

My unit just has connectors on switchplates everywhere. Are you taking out the switchplates to see your wires?

In the cabinet above the TV, I have one plate with a single connector, and one with 2 connectors. Anybody know why all of these connectors?

In our older Redwood, they just ran coax lines (with end connectors) into the cupboard above the TV, it's the place that takes the sat TV box, that's how I see the coax colour. The coax connections in teh bedroom and elsewhere are done with plates.

If your wiring is like mine, one coax is coming from the roof for the sat dish, another goes to the bedroom and the third goes to the front basement so you can install a TV down there and feed it from the sat dish box.

Posted : December 12, 2017 12:49 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Thanks. I bought my 2014 in 2013, so I guess they made the change early.

Posted : December 12, 2017 1:39 PM
(@pjs013fb)

New member here. We just got a 2013 FB and I'm looking at connecting an external satelite dish. I see the 3 orange coax cables into the TV area and I know that one of them connects to one of the satelite inputs in the wet bay. Just have to figure out which one but I think I have sufficient info from this section of the forum to determine that. What I did not see in any of the threads was any info on how to remove the panel behind the TV to access the cavity to run some connecting wiring. I assume that the TV bracket must be removed, but any help beyond that would be appreciated. 

Regards, John Pul

Posted : May 27, 2020 2:59 AM
(@ford-truck-guy)

Like the others, I went to Home Depot and purchased a cable tracer - Home Depot Cable Tracer... I place the 1 end on the input in the wet bay and traced into the coach... Once I found the termination area,. I labeled each input and each line inside the Redwood.... It was a fairly easy thing to do, just a bit time consuming is all...

Posted : May 27, 2020 9:49 AM
(@broncos)

I have a 2011 Redwood 36RL and when I start to bring main slide out it has a squealing sound just for about 5 sec then it goes away.Any suggestions? 

Posted : June 22, 2020 6:29 AM
Paul Bridges
(@iceman1777)

Posted by: @broncos

I have a 2011 Redwood 36RL and when I start to bring main slide out it has a squealing sound just for about 5 sec then it goes away.Any suggestions? 

Broncos, suggest you start a new topic rather than tag on to this topic. You'll have better visibility. Go to Main Forum, Add Topic.

2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 CC KR DRW 6.7 Powerstroke

Posted : June 23, 2020 10:16 AM
Share: