Forum

Crown in floor star...

Notifications
Clear all

Crown in floor staring at island to rear of unit.

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@simmsbru)
Topic starter

We purchased a 2015 39MB in Sept 2019 as we liked it so much even though had no plans to use it for next 12 months or then Covid hits.   We welcome have now used the unit maybe 25 night since Aug. 2020 and went to move it Dec. and noticed there is a crown of like 1 inch both directions from the center of the floor.   We have called the dealer we purchased from (which included a service agreement) which we have appointment for later Feb., They commented that if floor it is our issue, not sure how it would crown from center line to both sides unless it is a frame issue.  We were lead to believe this unit was not towed much as it sat on a lake lot like 2 hours outside of St. Louis,  We did have it inspected by a inspector and it passed as being good.

Looking for some thoughts.

Thanks!

Bruce Simms
bruce@thesimms.us
Shiloh Illinois

Posted : January 15, 2021 8:03 AM
(@rob_fla)
Eminent Member

Wow, that's a pretty good crown in the floor, not sure if that is due to frame damage or possibly water damage making the floor swell up and bow up in the center. I believe your 2015 has a laminated plywood floor same as our 2014, these are great floors and pretty resistant to bowing issues. (Newer Redwoods have a one piece pressboard floor in them)

Posted : January 24, 2021 6:10 PM
Michelle
(@mhs4771)

I don't think we have a crown like that, but the floor on the Fridge/Entertainment slide does slope to the outside and Service Manager Randy from Crossroads said that was normal.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

Posted : January 25, 2021 2:29 PM
(@simmsbru)
Topic starter

yes this is bad crown and it occurred over 1-2 days.  With weather as it is and no where to get inside or over concrete for easy movement I have contacted the dealer we purchased this from ( 2015 unit but only owned around 20 months and most of the time in storage) they are saying floor isn't covered by Service agreement we were sold.   What i do believe is strange is both sides dropped at the same time or middle has raised but we will see end of Feb.   I what I have seen in the 2015  brochure is the seems to be the tall (10-12 inch) frame and the a second aluminum frame on top of the steel frame and wonder if some ends have broken on the aluminum frame. 

Bruce Simms
bruce@thesimms.us
Shiloh Illinois

Posted : January 26, 2021 4:18 AM
(@simmsbru)
Topic starter

@rob_fla found seems to have been from filling the fresh water tank,   We think prior own changed some items in the filling and created excessive pressures in the tank.   Hope to learn more from techs at the rally as we were told fill till water came back out from dealer but now way for filling to release extra water.

Bruce Simms
bruce@thesimms.us
Shiloh Illinois

Posted : July 5, 2022 3:42 PM
Share: