Notifications
Clear all

Recommendation on Tire and Wheel package vendor

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rarmstrong1978)
Topic starter

I am new the ROG. I just purchased a 2012 Redwood RV model RW36RE12. I really like ROG. The forum has been very helpful. I am looking to replace the tires. The spare is missing so I will need a wheel that will serve as a spare with a tire. The tires that are on the RV now are ST235/80R16 Load Range E. I want to increase the weight capacity. I anticipate my camper weighing close to 15K lbs by time it is fully loaded. After reading some of the post in the ROG forum on tire replacement I am looking to purchase a wheel and tire package size 215/75R17.5. Does anyone have a suggestion on who I should buy this package from?

Posted : February 5, 2020 5:20 PM
Paul Bridges
(@iceman1777)

First, welcome to the family of Redwood owners, and we look forward to meeting you along the way some day!

You are definitely heading down the right path replacing your tires. The early Redwoods came with "E" rated tires and ROG was instrumental getting that changed to "G" rated standard equipment, and now they come with "H" rated standard equipment.

My 16" Sailun tires gave me awesome service, but the wheels developed tiny spider-web cracks and began leaking, so last summer at the rally I upgraded my "G" rated 16" tires to "H" rated 17.5 wheels with new Sailuns.

I bought them through Trailer Set Go, www.trailersetgo.com. Josh Hostetler was my rep, and his phone is (o) 574-293-0581 x113, (c) 574-320-5963.  They were running a 20% off discount last year so I was able to get 5 tires and wheels for the price of 4.

I ordered them online at 8:00 am at the rally, and they were delivered to my site at 10:00 am mounted, balanced and filled with nitrogen. Several owners purchased tires from them last year.

The two tires you should consider, in my opinion, are Sailun and Goodyear. Nothing else comes close in reputation and proven reliability.

And if you want the most valuable trip of your Redwood owner experience, plan a trip to Indiana mid-July for the National Rally. Redwood tech, service and support is invaluable, plus the friendships you'll make.

2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 CC KR DRW 6.7 Powerstroke

Posted : February 6, 2020 8:22 AM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

Might also check Performance Trailer Braking website, it was previously owned by a RW owner.

I got the disc brake upgrade plus 4 17.5" Sailun tire/wheel package installed by them at the CG we were working for, at the time was cheaper than replacing a couple of the GY G rated tires.

I agree with Paul, you're making a good choice.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : February 6, 2020 2:37 PM
Share: