Posted : January 13, 2018 4:44 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

x

Posted : January 21, 2018 11:35 AM
(@Anonymous)

But it wasn't really the Camping World we know that bought them out, it was Marcus Lemonis, and he is not a camper, rather he is all about "The Profit"

Posted : January 21, 2018 11:59 AM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

Whether they're called Mountain or Outdoors they were/will be just like CW, Cabelas, Bass Pro, whether selling to rvers or sportsmen, way toooo over priced for me.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : January 21, 2018 3:01 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Matters not to me Mr. Lemonis invited me to spend my hard earned money elsewhere. I will gladly spend it at the "Mom & Pop" stores as opposed to sending it to Lebanon.

Posted : January 22, 2018 8:00 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I also took his advice......

Posted : February 7, 2018 3:41 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I have been in Gander Mountain a few times when the store near me was open. I figured that it was a decent store to go and see product, then once you feel it you can find it elsewhere cheaper..
I did get a fishing rod and reel there on sale, reel good price! But, like anything else, you need to know the price of stuff.

When they were closing prior to the sale/merger, the discounts increased every week till they hit 70% off.. The items that were 70% off were few and far between, and with that they REALLY WERE NOT 70%.. perhaps off the inflated cost... it just brought them down to reality pricing.I picked up a few items of fishing stuff, swivels, hooks, ect.. paid around $10.00

Posted : February 7, 2018 4:43 PM
(@Anonymous)

When they were closing prior to the sale/merger, the discounts increased every week till they hit 70% off.. The items that were 70% off were few and far between, and with that they REALLY WERE NOT 70%.. perhaps off the inflated cost... it just brought them down to reality pricing.I picked up a few items of fishing stuff, swivels, hooks, ect.. paid around $10.00

Don't you hate that. I don't even bother with close out sales anymore.

Posted : February 8, 2018 6:02 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Don't you hate that. I don't even bother with close out sales anymore.

I do hate it... I figured I would check it out... But I do like a good deal, and got a few

Posted : February 8, 2018 7:41 PM
Share: