Cream color paint on the bottom front of fifthwheel

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Wondering if anyone knows the type of paint used on the lower half of the front of the Redwood Fifth Wheel? I have not put mud flaps or anything on the rear of my truck, and have many rock chips in the paint on the front of the unit
I appreciate any advise you might share.
Allen

Posted : June 25, 2018 1:08 PM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

Sikkens automotive paint.
I had plans of going to LineX for color matched spray on bedliner on the lower section of the front, but haven't ever gotten around to it. Cost wouldn't be much more having it painted, that paint is expensive. I have seen other rvs that have done it & looks great. I have mud flaps & they don't help much.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : June 25, 2018 2:06 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

That creamy ivory color on the 2014 is a Sikkens Auto Base Plus paint.

The color you seem to be asking about is likely CHA04:XWG

This is the Sub-Contractor that did a lot of the painting for Redwood if you have additional questions. You'll need a VIN number.

Precision Painting, Inc.
730 High Road
Bremen, Indiana 46506
(574) 546-4473

As an alternative, if you visit your local automotive paint center, you'll likely find a lot of matches. They are pretty popular colors.

Posted : June 25, 2018 4:56 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks everyone. I will investigate local options

Posted : June 25, 2018 8:50 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks for your response

Posted : June 26, 2018 11:46 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Here’s what I did: I had the same rock chipping on the front cargo door, so I went to a Car Color automotive paint shop in Little Rock with the water heater panel. It had the tan and dark brown (almost black) color and was big enough for them to get a sample. They mixed a can of tan and a can of black spray for me, and I purchased a bed liner spray kit from them. They provided the tan tint for the kit as well.

The kit was simple. Included everything including the paint sprayer. Taped off the latches and protected the landing gear from overspray, and followed directions included in the kit. I was very happy with the results. The first leg of our current trip was through a gravel road construction zone with rocks flying everywhere and had just a few new chips. Used the tan spray for touch up and like new.

Posted : June 27, 2018 8:15 AM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

That's a great idea! Looks great & you can touch up the chips. ATTA BOY PAUL!

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : June 27, 2018 10:29 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks Paul, the end result looks great!!

Posted : June 28, 2018 1:45 PM
Share: