Forum

Interior Painting o...

Notifications
Clear all

Interior Painting on 2014 Redwood (2014 Redwood has Dark Interior Walls)

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@rob_fla)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I have spoke to a few owners about painting the interior walls of our Redwood.

We have a 2014 38FL with the Dark Interior Walls.

We bought our Redwood new in July of 2014, fulltimed in it for 8 years all over the country.

We made a number of upgrades (MoRyde IS Suspension with Disc Brake Upgrade and 17.5" Tire Upgrade, RV Armor Roof, A/C System improvements, Furniture upgrades and many more) and we have put a lot of miles on it.

Now we have bought a cabin in the North Georgia Mountain's and are back to being part timers and plan on keeping our Redwood for the foreseeable future as long as our heath is good.

I am a little nervous about painting the interior walls as once you start there is no turning back.

Any suggestions or comments on Cleaning, Prepping and Method used to pant your interior walls.

Any reason not to paint the interior walls. I have seen posts of Redwoods and other brands of RVs that have been painted and they look great in the pictures.

I think Lightening up the Interior of our Redwood would be great late winter / early spring project and make the interior space of our Redwood seem more open.

We have the Dark Cherry cabinets and trim (I do not plan on painting the cabinets or trim so we are looking at a color that would go well with the Dark Cherry Wood)

Robert

Posted : December 31, 2022 4:21 AM
(@jeffmurkin)

We’re in process of painting our 2013 36 RL.   Went with a white paint to cover the yellowish  wallpaper.  First step is to clean and degrease the walls.   We used Krud Cutter degreaser.   We opted not to paint cabinets but did paint our rounded wall by stairs.   We also recovered valances with lighter material, and are changing out dark doors on fridge to lighter color.    Huge difference.  

Posted : January 4, 2023 8:20 PM
Rob_Fla reacted
Share: