a little fishing with Dad

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

My dad an I had a chance to get out fishing for 1 last trip this year . -- It was a real good day !

Posted : November 2, 2016 10:12 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe

Wow, not only did you bring back some nice ones, let me tell you well done on going out with your Dad. Those are some of the most precious memories I have of my Dad, and you never know how many more of them you are going to get. Looks like you had a wonderful day, bless you, for spending the day with your Pop.

Posted : November 2, 2016 10:55 AM
KenA
 KenA
(@kena)
Honorable Member

Insane!

Next trip I'm in.

Ken & Gizzi
Ford 2015 F350 DRW
--
"My Redwood; Go anywhere and always be at home."
"The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun"

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been" - Wayne Gretzky

Posted : November 4, 2016 1:22 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Well.... If there were enough folks interested to do so, we could set up a Redwood Striper trip next fall.. BUT the trips have to be booked soon . . .

I would be happy to make all the arrangements if the interest is there..

The trip was $1300.00 + $100.00 ea for the 2 mates..so $1500.00 divided by 7 or 8 people - $188.00 - $215.00 ea . .any more than 8 would start getting tangles in my opinion... The boat will fit more, but I don't think it would be fun..

Posted : November 4, 2016 8:01 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Nice catch for sure!

What State were you in?

Lake Texoma on the border of Oklahoma and Texas can net you a catch like that as well. Sometimes we go on the Oklahoma side below the dam. When its running, you'll catch fish like that but you better be hanging on. With that rushing water, you'll be 500 yards down the bank before you get them in! We use deep sea rods there.

:blink:

Posted : November 4, 2016 4:28 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

New Jersey... off the coast of Point Pleasant Beach

Posted : November 4, 2016 4:45 PM
Share: